Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Tascam CDRW 700 issue

(1/2) > >>

Mojowill:
Does anybody have an idea as to how long one of these burners lasts?  Ive had mine over 2 years and it is getting fussy about reading/loading blank TY's.  I keep it clean and take good care of it probably burnt over a 1000 discs in it.

Lil Kim Jong-Il:
I've had one for over 4 years.  Never had a problem.  

Mojowill:
Has anyone heard of CD burners getting difficult with one brand of media if it is all they get?  Thge last 600 or so discs I have been using TY ( what I thought were supposed to be solid CDRs)

Lil Kim Jong-Il:
I use TY almost exclusively for playback and never have an issue.  But I never burn them on the CDRW700.  I use a generic CDRW for spinning the raw cut.  I've burned thousands of TY CDs in my PC burner and that thing never has an issue.

Have you tried cleaning the laser lens?  Is it always CDRs or does it have an issue with pressed CDs too?

Mojowill:
I clean it after 20/30 hrs of play/record.  So far it is just when I load a blank TY ir won't read and then locks up and won't open.  I have to power off and then turn it back on and open it before it knows whether theres a disc in it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version