Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Poor College Student: The Recorder Edition  (Read 1989 times)

Offline joeruny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Poor College Student: The Recorder Edition
« on: October 16, 2005, 01:34:05 AM »
Okay, so I'm officially fed up with having to transfer files from my MD->PC via MIC imput of my computer, and my iPod is on it's final leg, so I'm looking to knock out two birds with one stone.  The one answer everyone in here seems to give is the JB3, but the JB3 seems to be too big to work out with.  I need something that's as small as an iPod, preferably not discontinued, preferably an optical in, and I can't find ANYTHING.  The Archos products seem to be promising, but it seems like they get a bunch of bashing.  Anyone have any reccomendations?  Or shall I sit on my money, hold my breath, and hope for something to be released?

Offline joeruny

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Poor College Student: The Recorder Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 03:18:59 AM »
Ever heard of iAudio?  Found this in my searches, looks pretty neato... But no optical... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009Q4U7Y/ref=pd_sbs_e_4/002-5413850-1712041?v=glance&s=electronics

Also, I'm still confused about the whole "optical" thing.  If i'm just patching or using a basic stealth rig (mic->battbox->recorder) is optical even needed?

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 08:14:01 AM »
Also, I'm still confused about the whole "optical" thing.  If i'm just patching or using a basic stealth rig (mic->battbox->recorder) is optical even needed?

optical's only needed if you care out digital patching/recording.
we all live downstream.

Offline tms

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 09:25:36 AM »
Okay, so I'm officially fed up with having to transfer files from my MD->PC via MIC imput of my computer, and my iPod is on it's final leg, so I'm looking to knock out two birds with one stone.  The one answer everyone in here seems to give is the JB3, but the JB3 seems to be too big to work out with.  I need something that's as small as an iPod, preferably not discontinued, preferably an optical in, and I can't find ANYTHING.  The Archos products seem to be promising, but it seems like they get a bunch of bashing.  Anyone have any reccomendations?  Or shall I sit on my money, hold my breath, and hope for something to be released?

HiMD with pc transfers using HiMDRenderer,

or the new m-audio microtrack, did you check those out?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

SP-CMC-4 (AT853) > SP battery box > Edirol R-09

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 12:45:06 PM »
you could be one of the 1st to test out the new iPod with record feature :)
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com