Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MBHO 603a / Ka 200n?  (Read 5194 times)

Offline rich

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
MBHO 603a / Ka 200n?
« on: December 15, 2010, 02:42:52 PM »
what do folks use to mount/clamp the active "silver" sleeve/ka200n capsule?..duck tape?..safety pins? seriously i have been looking for two days and Nada. what is the diameter of the "silver" sleeve that attaches to the capsule? does anyone know if the little audix clips would work? thanks.

rich
sweeet beaver!

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: MBHO 603a / Ka 200n?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 03:12:22 PM »
I think you can get Kwonbars that will fit the MBHOs, that's probably the easiest way if I understand what you're asking.

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »
I think you can get Kwonbars that will fit the MBHOs, that's probably the easiest way if I understand what you're asking.

barring that someone said the audix clips work if you disconnect the cap from the cable to get it on (some tapers do this, others leave their cabling attached).
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Soling

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 11:45:55 PM »
MBHO "Actives" work well with the KWON/NOLA bars

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 08:52:19 AM »
what do folks use to mount/clamp the active "silver" sleeve/ka200n capsule?..duck tape?..safety pins? seriously i have been looking for two days and Nada. what is the diameter of the "silver" sleeve that attaches to the capsule? does anyone know if the little audix clips would work? thanks.

Personally I would use the Rycote INV-3 or INV-5.

The picture shows the INV-5 (the INV-3 is smaller) with a Sennheiser MKH 8040 head, but should suit the MBHO equally well.

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 10:53:45 AM »
^^^ Just got some INV-3s and LOVE them.  Great for both my DPA 4021s and the Schoeps... very versatile.
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline rich

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 01:59:23 PM »
many thanks to all. i have several NOLA bars. so, if they fit the NOLA bars they should also fit the Schoeps STCg ORTF bar (also have one these). k, i should be good to go. thanks.

rich
sweeet beaver!

Soling

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 07:33:13 PM »
My mistake Rich.  Thought about this a little more.  I remember now that my MBHO actives were much wider than Schoeps KC5 and did not fit standard NOLA or KWON Bars.  However, Robert Kwon offered a separate MBHO line for his bars for which I picked up a few.  He may still offer the latter.  On another note, I found a pair of MBHO clips in my junk draw which you are welcome to. 

Steve

Offline rich

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 09:41:35 AM »
pm sent
sweeet beaver!

Offline MBHOTAPER

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jam Bands Rock!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 01:32:09 AM »
I had a deal for those on 1/2 and have been waiting for days for his address to send him some cash for them. I was told this evening he sent them to you instead. I'm not sure how I feel about this deal going south since I arranged this before you got back to him on 1/4 but wish you the best in your recordings anyway.

pm sent

Offline rich

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 07:12:42 AM »
I had a deal for those on 1/2 and have been waiting for days for his address to send him some cash for them. I was told this evening he sent them to you instead. I'm not sure how I feel about this deal going south since I arranged this before you got back to him on 1/4 but wish you the best in your recordings anyway.

pm sent

mr MBHOTAPER

i posted a "pm sent" to the thread in conjunction with a pm i sent to soling. the message i sent to soling was in respone to the communication on board and between he and i regarding mounting solutions for mbho active cables. in the message i explained how my buddy jason and i went to home depot in denver for drill bits so we could bore out the existing grooves / holes in my Schoeps ORTF bar in order to accomodate the mbho's. though the right side turned out great, the left side was snapped in half by the torque of the drill.

i dont know what you are trying to suggest or imply. however, i was in no way trying to backdoor your purchase / acquisition of the clips. seriously dude, how was i even supposed to know that you had an arrangement / agreement with soling to acquire the clips. i have done my research and see nothing that would indicate or hint to the purchase agreement between you and soling. i did see where you lost yours and were ISO a replacement pair.

last but not least, and in closing...

"Yard Sale Etiquette / Advice / PP Calculator / Online Buying Reference / Caveat Emptor / Purchase Agreement"

[120]  "Dibs" and Gear Selling / Buying

Thanks to JackoRoses for the suggestion to make this a sticky.

TSers post gear for sale all the time.  Every so often, a fellow TSer posts to the FS (for sale) thread indicating s/he wants the gear, and may or may not also PM the seller at the same time.  Effectively, the fellow TSer is declaring "dibs" on an item for sale.  Sometimes, the seller sells the gear to someone other than the TSer who has publicly (and possibly privately) declared "dibs".  And occasionally this creates confusion amongst the interested buyers, especially the fellow TSer who has declared "dibs".

Please note:

•there is no TS requirement that sellers honor "dibs", i.e. first-come/first-served
•declaring "dibs" (usually with a "PM sent" post) is meaningless, unless the seller decides to honor first-come/first-served;
•someone still may beat the "dibs" TSer to the punch and just not post about it publicly
•sellers always retain the prerogative to sell to whomever they wish...even if someone already has declared "dibs"

Though many people TS sellers subscribe to the "first-come, first-served" model, sellers have the prerogative to sell to whomever they wish - just as buyers may purchase from whomever they wish - and neither scenario should incur hard feelings on either side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope this helps...and i also wish you the very best in your recordigs.

rich

sweeet beaver!

Offline MBHOTAPER

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jam Bands Rock!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 04:49:59 PM »
My apologies rich.

You had nothing to do w/the frustration I was feeling in a deal that didn't go my way. You are correct that I did not post dibs or a deal in progress so how would you know. I have all ready sent soling an apology pm; he was just trying to help a taper and had no intensions otherwise. 

In retrospect I reacted poorly and owe you and soling apologies for over reacting. My sugar was very high that evening and I had not taken my insulin - I should have known I was more upset then I should have been. Not excusable but hopefully understandable.

sincerely,
mbhotaper

pm sent

mr MBHOTAPER

i posted a "pm sent" to the thread in conjunction with a pm i sent to soling. the message i sent to soling was in respone to the communication on board and between he and i regarding mounting solutions for mbho active cables. in the message i explained how my buddy jason and i went to home depot in denver for drill bits so we could bore out the existing grooves / holes in my Schoeps ORTF bar in order to accomodate the mbho's. though the right side turned out great, the left side was snapped in half by the torque of the drill.

i dont know what you are trying to suggest or imply. however, i was in no way trying to backdoor your purchase / acquisition of the clips. seriously dude, how was i even supposed to know that you had an arrangement / agreement with soling to acquire the clips. i have done my research and see nothing that would indicate or hint to the purchase agreement between you and soling. i did see where you lost yours and were ISO a replacement pair.

last but not least, and in closing...

"Yard Sale Etiquette / Advice / PP Calculator / Online Buying Reference / Caveat Emptor / Purchase Agreement"

[120]  "Dibs" and Gear Selling / Buying

Thanks to JackoRoses for the suggestion to make this a sticky.

TSers post gear for sale all the time.  Every so often, a fellow TSer posts to the FS (for sale) thread indicating s/he wants the gear, and may or may not also PM the seller at the same time.  Effectively, the fellow TSer is declaring "dibs" on an item for sale.  Sometimes, the seller sells the gear to someone other than the TSer who has publicly (and possibly privately) declared "dibs".  And occasionally this creates confusion amongst the interested buyers, especially the fellow TSer who has declared "dibs".

Please note:

•there is no TS requirement that sellers honor "dibs", i.e. first-come/first-served
•declaring "dibs" (usually with a "PM sent" post) is meaningless, unless the seller decides to honor first-come/first-served;
•someone still may beat the "dibs" TSer to the punch and just not post about it publicly
•sellers always retain the prerogative to sell to whomever they wish...even if someone already has declared "dibs"

Though many people TS sellers subscribe to the "first-come, first-served" model, sellers have the prerogative to sell to whomever they wish - just as buyers may purchase from whomever they wish - and neither scenario should incur hard feelings on either side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope this helps...and i also wish you the very best in your recordigs.

rich

Offline rich

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 09:04:51 PM »
hey man...no worries.

rich
sweeet beaver!

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 03:13:13 AM »
Rode NT6 mounts are the BEST and most bulletproof mounting option, at least IMO. The Kwonbars are the way to go for normal mic patterns tho. I have all 3 and LOVE THEM. I love mounting my ka500's on the NOS kwonbar when Im super close. I have those Rode NT6 mounts and RobbBar's for mounting anything but DINa/DIN/NOS and love that mounting option. That is if you can get them. I burned someone who worked for an audio company a bunch of music on dvds and got 2 of the NT6 mounts :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Teen Age Riot

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 01:39:50 PM »
I use the DIN Kwon bar all the time (unless I'm stealthing) and I think it's great. These things are bulletproof, since they're just one piece of hard plastic with no moving parts. Also, it allows you to set up your rig in no time, which is a big plus in my book. If you need other patterns such as x/y, you'll need to get something else though.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com