Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Apple CDWav-like program?  (Read 2622 times)

Offline rigpimp

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Jarts don't kill people!
Apple CDWav-like program?
« on: December 07, 2014, 04:41:34 PM »
I do not have access to a Mac to look at xACT but I need to guide a mac guy to listen to 24/96 FLAC files, make splits, and then send me a .cue sheet.  I typically use CD Wav on a PC surely there must be an Apple counterpart.

Can he do this with xACT?  If not, can someone recommend a Apple-friendly program that can do this?
Mics: Schoeps MK 5 MP, Schoeps MK 8 MP, Schoeps MK 41 MP, KCY 250/5 > PFA
Pre/A>D/P48: Sonosax SX/M2, Sonosax SX/M2-LS, E.A.A. PSP-2, Baby Nbox, Neumann BS48i-2 (for sale)
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-6ii, Sony PCM-A10
Playback: Jolida 1501 Hybrid > McIntosh MX 130 > Von Schweikert VR-4 JR, or Little Dot MK III > Sennheiser HD700
http://archive.org/bookmarks/kskreider
https://www.concertarchives.org/kskreider
https://archive.org/details/thespps

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Apple CDWav-like program?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 09:08:39 PM »
I do not have access to a Mac to look at xACT but I need to guide a mac guy to listen to 24/96 FLAC files, make splits, and then send me a .cue sheet.  I typically use CD Wav on a PC surely there must be an Apple counterpart.

Can he do this with xACT?  If not, can someone recommend a Apple-friendly program that can do this?

Amadeus can.  It is what I use.  Amadeus is available directly or via the Mac app store.  They sell a pro and a lite version.  $25 should get you what you need.

Let me know if you need more help.

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 10:02:34 PM »
Someone I know said after trying a few things, sound studio was his choice for a CD Wave Mac replacement.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 09:37:10 AM »
Someone I know said after trying a few things, sound studio was his choice for a CD Wave Mac replacement.

I always say the same thing.

Sound Studio is not very powerful as far as audio editors go, but it is super simple to use. I always set the grid to 1 sec (although you could do 1/75th of a sec) and set it to 'snap to grid'. That way the cursor is always on a sector boundary. Once that is set, it doesn't need to change at all. Then use the keyboard shortcut CMD + M to add markers.

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 01:52:57 PM »
I've been using Sound Studio for many years now. It is as powerful as it needs to be for stereo audio manipulation.
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 07:40:45 PM »
Good to know on those SS features.  I just mark tracks in Amadeus, and then hit the "Modify Markers" option and tell it to align to sector boundaries.  It then adjusts them all to the nearest boundary.

My favorite feature though, is the ability to export and import track markers from a cue sheet.  It allows me to do two things:

1)  Work in FLAC format to save hard drive space.  FLAC cannot hold the track markers in its container, but I can open the FLAC within Amadeus, mark the tracks and then save the text/cue file separately.

2)  It facilitates collaboration.  I can send a compressed file to someone via Dropbox, then they track it, for instance, and then just send me the text file back.  I import that into the full res file I have, and voilĂ , it is all done.  Love that.

Anyway, my $.02.  I actually have SS as well, but I just Amadeus 99% of the time.  I never had a PC, so the CD Wave comparison is lost on me.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com