Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Laptop did not recognize 4gig card...  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Mr.Fantasy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jesus saves...
Laptop did not recognize 4gig card...
« on: January 14, 2008, 11:26:11 AM »
I have an R-09...and I have a 2gb Transcend card and a 4gb card of the same brand but not exactly the same model...

My buddy has them right now, so I can't look at them but I think the two gig is blue in color, I believe maybe a "Platinum" model. It has never given me any trouble. The other card is 4gb and regular class 6 card from transcend. I think it would be close if not identical to the last one on this page....

http://tinyurl.com/3dm2vs

Go TinyURL!

The problem was this.

I regularly dump the contents of the aforementioned cards into my Dell Vostro 1500. It has a card port in the side that reads "SD/MMC-MS/Pro"....and I saw it one day and recognized its potential.

So it has worked fine for some time now until the other night I inserted the card to my laptop and.......................nothing.

What usually happens is, I stick the card in and I might get a noise or something and then it would show a new icon down on the lower right hand corner, new hardware found blah blah...and opened up a window asking me what I wanted to do with this new mass storage device it had found...

But the other night it did nothing...

And the two gig card had two sets on it still so I tried a few experiments...

First I plugged the 2gig card into the laptop to see if my internal card reader went bad...BUT!....It worked perfect with all the previously mentioned effects...

So then I plugged the 4gig card into the R-09 to see if it would recognize it....It did. everything was cool.

So I tried to transfer with the USB cable from the R-09.....worked like a charm.....

So what is up?

Any ideas?

"I read somewhere that 77 percent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 percent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves" ---Jerry Garcia

Mics: Modified Nak 300's, Line Audio CM4
P48/Pres: PS2
Decks: Edirol R-09

Offline friday

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Laptop did not recognize 4gig card...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 02:45:21 AM »
If it's a SDHC card there is a pretty recent XP Hotfix you can try here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934428

It added SDHC compability for me, but since the card used to work for you I doubt it will fix your problem :-\

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com