Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Legality of Taping - AUD & RF/IEM  (Read 29583 times)

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Legality of Taping - AUD & RF/IEM
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2018, 10:03:48 PM »

You are truly unbelievable.  You are so high on your horse, that nothing anyone else says or does holds any significance compared to you.  Maybe you should change your name to King Furburger!

What I spend on my microphones and gear is my business, and certainly none of yours, so keep your nose out of my wallet.  What I spend, when I spend anything at all, on concert tickets, again, is none of your business.  Again, keep your nose out of my business.  I don't deal drugs, so I don't have the disposable income (cash) that you do.  I work hard for a living working 2-3 jobs, and spend my money on what brings me pleasure, so once again, keep you nose out of my wallet.

Furthermore, I do not use dime.  I don't download shows from there, because too many of them suck.  When I bother to download a show at all, I use bt.etree, and find that overall, the quality of recordings on that site are more consistently better.  Of course, that's personal preference.

Another thing, you are not in the same league as probably every other taper on this thread.  You do not even use "real" microphones to record a show, yet criticize virtually everyone who does.  You put a small Tascam in your pocket and think that makes you a "taper".  It doesn't, at least not in the sense of what the rest of us do here.  It's great that you're happy with your recordings, which is all that matters, but when it comes to concern about being caught taping, LOL, you have no concern.  Your $200 recorder is insignificant in comparison to a quality recording rig.  So seriously, why chime in with your point of view when it really doesn't apply to the rest of us?  That, by the way, was a rhetorical question, so please don't answer it.

Oh, and one more thing, you are a drug dealer, not a lawyer, so stop giving bullshit legal advice to someone who's asking for facts.  Having family 

In conclusion, and I think I speak for most of us, if not all of us, either learn how to communicate nicely with others, or stop communicating with us at all.  None of us here are interested in your abuse.  We are here because we appreciate and value what OTHER tapers have to say regarding certain situations.

Peace.

Very well said.

Offline Galen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Collective Unconscious.org
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2018, 11:40:29 PM »
Ok.

So - yeah, legality of taping regarding AUD rig and IEM rig...? I think we came to no real resolution just a bunch of speculation?

Personally, I have walked away from this thread with learning nothing. My intent was to conjure up some like-minded enthusiasts to try and get an idea of how many of people like me there are out there. Thus the people I know who do this and who know even more tricks than I do (you know who you are) have steered away from this and no one else who knows anything about current IEM taping(?) chimed in. I know there are rogue scanner IEM tapers but that's not who I was trying to reach.

Can I request that this thread become locked? All the bickering between random people and furburger just detracts from the point. Please?
Sony PCM-M1 
Sony TCD-100
Sony TCD-D8
Nakamichi CM-300
DPA 4061
Wires & Waves
Invested Enigmatic Matriculation

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2018, 12:22:06 AM »
Can I request that this thread become locked? All the bickering between random people and furburger just detracts from the point. Please?

You should be able to lock it yourself.  At the bottom of the page, look for the Lock Topic button.  If you have trouble, let me know via PM and I'll lock it up for you.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline hoserama

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2018, 12:33:50 AM »
Ok.

So - yeah, legality of taping regarding AUD rig and IEM rig...? I think we came to no real resolution just a bunch of speculation?

Personally, I have walked away from this thread with learning nothing. My intent was to conjure up some like-minded enthusiasts to try and get an idea of how many of people like me there are out there. Thus the people I know who do this and who know even more tricks than I do (you know who you are) have steered away from this and no one else who knows anything about current IEM taping(?) chimed in. I know there are rogue scanner IEM tapers but that's not who I was trying to reach.

This iem taper here also votes for locking it. My one contribution.
Audio: Countryman B3 + AT853(hypers/cards/subcards) + SBD feeds
Wireless Receivers: Lots of those
Antennas: Lots of those
Cables: Lots of those
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2018, 01:25:17 AM »
there isn't anything on the books because wiretap laws apply to private conversations, whereas concerts are public performances, not to mention, they aren't "conversations".

daspy says scooter is the man, and nak here says that anyone who isn't a lawyer should hush.

so there ya go.
-------------
people who are fans of the music, they LOVE what I document and capture...people who are fans of themselves....not so much.

Offline fanofjam

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2018, 08:58:23 AM »
there isn't anything on the books because wiretap laws apply to private conversations, whereas concerts are public performances, not to mention, they aren't "conversations".

daspy says scooter is the man, and nak here says that anyone who isn't a lawyer should hush.

so there ya go.

Blah blah blah BLOCKED Bye.

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »

so there ya go.

Blah blah blah BLOCKED Bye.

if only the converse were true.

-------------
people who are fans of the music, they LOVE what I document and capture...people who are fans of themselves....not so much.

Offline Galen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Collective Unconscious.org
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2018, 12:34:50 AM »
Ah yes, thank you.

You should be able to lock it yourself.  At the bottom of the page, look for the Lock Topic button.  If you have trouble, let me know via PM and I'll lock it up for you.
Sony PCM-M1 
Sony TCD-100
Sony TCD-D8
Nakamichi CM-300
DPA 4061
Wires & Waves
Invested Enigmatic Matriculation

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.121 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com