Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: STATIC from Proximity to Wal Mart Batteries!?  (Read 1857 times)

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
STATIC from Proximity to Wal Mart Batteries!?
« on: April 14, 2007, 06:13:49 PM »
Ok - Toying around today abit -

Working with a Sony D3 DAT and my Wally battery - I go to change the tape - and when I did I set the deck down on the Battery...Started it back up and it sounds like I need to clean my heads - run the cleaner  - no dice - I pick up the deck - and push play with the deck in my hand - Plays fine - aha...set it on the battery - the digi-static returns...

Not sure if this would be an issue with other devices - but if you are in habit of stacking, or keeping your battery near other gear - perhaps a double check is in order...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:15:50 PM by Roving Sign »

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: STATIC from Proximity to Wal Mart Batteries!?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 06:17:56 PM »
Actually - on second thought - perhaps its RF energy from the D3 that is feeding into the battery?

Offline blindman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Ut!
    • Taper Stuff @ Fecundswamp
Re: STATIC from Proximity to Wal Mart Batteries!?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 11:06:18 AM »
Don't know the technical reason why, but my external battery does the same thing to the MT... I just try to keep them seperated and there is no issue. Mine causes more of a hum than a crackle though.

on a related topic... don't put your nextel phone in your recording bag while taping... nothing sux more than that nextel "chik chik chik" on a recording right in the nice quiet part of a song. DOH!

I do like that the nextel will make that sound on my car stereo while driving... I can always tell when a call is coming in before the phone rings... which I never hear cause the radio is too loud.  ;D
Then: Nakamichi CM300/CP-1/2/4 + Soundboard -> Audio-Technica AT4462 -> Sony TC-D5M
Now: Avantone CK-40 + Avantone CK-1 (Busman MOD) -> BusR4 (T+NF Mods)
Backup/Stealth: Sennheiser MKE > CA-9100 > Tascam DR2D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com