Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: rosendahl recorder  (Read 4157 times)

Offline muj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
rosendahl recorder
« on: May 16, 2004, 03:08:29 PM »

Offline seethreepo

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Resist Or Serve
Re:rosendahl recorder
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 04:11:11 PM »
cool!  but Its got to be large $$$$   :(
"Never heard anyone say that music was the thing that fucked up their day" 
-Chris Robinson 1996-09-24
Mics:Schoeps Mk4,   Beyerdynamic ck930(for sale)  ,Sound Professionals - SP-CMC-8 , Marcsounds binaurals  Pre amps: Beyerdynamic MV-1 ,  Naiant IPA  Recorders:  Edirol R-44, Edirol R-09HR, Roland  R-05

real recorder > phone
 external mics > Internal mics
 FOB > Taper Section
 HATS > better than Denied

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 05:17:29 PM »
Looks ok, but it's primarily a video recorder.  It limits audio to 24/48...

Edit - If the resolution was higher it'd probably be what everyone here has been waiting for.  Looks like it's just a hard drive with an 8 channel optical in and two RCA analog inputs.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 05:21:11 PM by John Kelly »
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

BobW

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 06:40:55 PM »
More competition to the SD7xxs.
And backed by Sennheiser.
I'm loving it !

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 07:43:52 PM »
227mm x 62mm x 191mm  :(

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 07:48:04 PM »

I don't speak metric.  Does that mean big? ;D
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

jpschust

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 11:42:01 PM »
i really wish they wouldnt use optical in.  too much potential for jitter even at short runs

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 12:08:07 AM »

I don't speak metric.  Does that mean big? ;D

8.9" x 2.44" x 7.5" about halfway between v3 size and p1 size
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 12:23:11 AM »
means not stealthable

Offline Stuart

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 03:47:16 PM »
You know, this recorder is meant for audio & video post-production houses.  It's primarily aimed at Pro Tools users who wish to offload cpu resources for running video onto a stand-alone box.  
It's designed to play back a D2 or Digibeta video stream, or any source for that matter but at 10 bit SDI resolutions (with guide or temp audio) while locking, or generating, time code and Midi Machine Control messages for a audio sequencer program.
That's why is has LTC and MTC inputs on the back.  My guess is that this isn't the box for you guys.  That is, unless you're doing post audio work.  Making it work for concert recording would be quite an impressive hack.  Looks like it only runs on wall power anyway...

Oh well,
S.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 03:50:42 PM by Stuart »

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 03:55:16 PM »
>> i really wish they wouldnt use optical in.  too much potential for jitter even at short runs<<

jitter is a non issue when doing digital > digital.  it's something that comes up only when doing digital > analog

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 05:18:32 PM »
jitter is a non issue when doing digital > digital.  it's something that comes up only when doing digital > analog

This statement is dead wrong.  I wish I had more time right now, if I did, I'd get into more detail, but I felt I had to chime in anyway.  Jitter is a problem when transmitting digital signals.  Basically, due to imperfections in the cable, or on longer cable runs, or due to impedance mismatch, or a variety of other reasons, each "sample" of data doesn't arrive at it's source at precisely the same interval from the last.    

for lack of time, I'll just post this link, which has been posted here somewhere before:
http://www.digido.com/portal/pmodule_id=11/pmdmode=fullscreen/pageadder_page_id=28

later
Jason

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 06:37:41 PM »
This statement is dead wrong.  I wish I had more time right now, if I did, I'd get into more detail, but I felt I had to chime in anyway.  Jitter is a problem when transmitting digital signals.  Basically, due to imperfections in the cable, or on longer cable runs, or due to impedance mismatch, or a variety of other reasons, each "sample" of data doesn't arrive at it's source at precisely the same interval from the last.    

for lack of time, I'll just post this link, which has been posted here somewhere before:
http://www.digido.com/portal/pmodule_id=11/pmdmode=fullscreen/pageadder_page_id=28

But the link you posted says:

>>The top waveform represents a theoretically perfect digital signal. Its value is 101010, occuring at equal slices of time, represented by the equally-spaced dashed vertical lines. When the first waveform passes through long cables of incorrect impedance, or when a source impedance is incorrectly matched at the load, the square wave can become rounded, fast risetimes become slow, also reflections in the cable can cause misinterpretation of the actual zero crossing point of the waveform. The second waveform shows some of the ways the first might change; depending on the severity of the mismatch you might see a triangle wave, a squarewave with ringing, or simply rounded edges. Note that the new transitions (measured at the Zero Line) in the second waveform occur at unequal slices of time. Even so, the numeric interpretation of the second waveform is still 101010! There would have to be very severe waveform distortion for the value of the new waveform to be misinterpreted, which usually shows up as audible errors--clicks or tics in the sound. If you hear tics, then you really have something to worry about.

If the numeric value of the waveform is unchanged, why should we be concerned? Let's rephrase the question: "when (not why) should we become concerned?" The answer is "hardly ever." The only effect of timebase distortion is in the listening; as far as it can be proved, it has no effect on the dubbing of tapes or any digital to digital transfer (as long as the jitter is low enough to permit the data to be read. High jitter may result in clicks or glitches as the circuit cuts in and out). A typical D to A converter derives its system clock (the clock that controls the sample and hold circuit) from the incoming digital signal. If that clock is not stable, then the conversions from digital to analog will not occur at the correct moments in time. The audible effect of this jitter is a possible loss of low level resolution caused by added noise, spurious (phantom) tones, or distortion added to the signal.<<

Bob Katz also added this on another email list I'm on:

>>We have to remember that digital audio stores data, NOT clock.
However, the interfaces transmit both clock and data. At the receive
side, the receiver modules (PLLs) separate the clock from the data,
and then work on the data. So, as long as the receiver is not
glitching and is locked to the incoming clock, then the extracted
data will be just fine, and accurate, whether the interface is
AES/EBU, SPDIF, ADAT, Toslink, Glass fiber, or plastic...

If you hear differences in a playback (reproduction) system (D/A
converter) where the data is identical, then blame it on the
clocking. The data is still fine. Repeat after me: "THE DATA IS
FINE". You can equalize it, process it, and work on it with no
concerns that the clock jitter will affect the audio. All the
processors IGNORE the clock and work on the data.<<
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 06:44:43 PM by scott brown »

Offline Kelso

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I don't tape, just talking
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2004, 06:35:17 AM »
It's really inexpensive for what it does, but has nothing to do with taping, no preamp, no battery, and records SDI (Why would you pay for that?)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com