Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iRiver H140 player/recorder  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Jamos

• Trade Count: (61)
  • Taperssection All-Star
iRiver H140 player/recorder
« on: June 09, 2004, 05:34:08 PM »
Anyone into this beasty yet? 
40 gig player, obviously aimed at mp3/ipod users, but it has optical in & out, 1/8" in & out, an FM tuner, and records in any number of formats, including .WAV !   

It is Windows/Mac compatible, and shows up as a USB (2.0) mass storage device...no more proprietary crap like the JB3's.

also, they make a point of saying how they are continuously upgrading and evolving the firmware and features, so if there was a push to improve the recording end of things, there is hope.

I'm really tempted to get one and test it out...
thought maybe some of you who record live shows more than I might want to put it through the paces and see how solid it is. 

It would be really cool to have 20 gigs full of tunes to listen to everywhere you go, and leave the other 20 gigs free for recording!

plus, putting a bigger harddrive in might be an option...

check it out:

http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/hd.aspx

they don't make a big deal about it's recording capabilities, but if you d/l the manual, it talks about recoding a 44.1 or 48k .wav through the optical in...
only downside i see is that there are no meters...and i would think that would be somehting that could be changed w/new firmware, no?

;D

the future looks good.

cmoorevt

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: iRiver H140 player/recorder
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 06:03:43 PM »
Seems to have the same issues as the other iRiver devices in that the recording stops when the wav file reaches 795 MB in size.

Offline Jamos

• Trade Count: (61)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 11:03:31 PM »
is that the case w/all the iRiver products?

I haven't heard of this anywhere else...but maybe it is something that can be fixed w/firmware updates?

Seems to have the same issues as the other iRiver devices in that the recording stops when the wav file reaches 795 MB in size.

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 12:40:12 AM »

that sucks that they do it that way.  Otherwise seems like a good unit.

cmoorevt

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 09:06:55 AM »
I know it is true with the 120 and I think with the 110 as well.  You can always start a second wav file after the first hits 795mb and treat the whole thing like a "tape switch" on a dat recorder, but it is not ideal.

I seem to remember that on some board,  someone had contacted iRiver and they said it wasn't a fix they would be making, but I would like to be wrong about that.

They also have a new unit coming out soon in Japan, the H320/H340.  Not sure when it hits America, nor if it will have the same wav file size limit....

http://nordic.iriver.se/products.php?p=19

Offline timP

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 01:02:11 PM »
my 120 is not bit perfect either via optical in, so you would have to run thru it's AD, which sounds otay

still the best moble music unit I have ever seen and small electronics are  a little fetish of mine
?>FR2LE

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com