Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Photoshop help? (Need to bring black levels up)  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Photoshop help? (Need to bring black levels up)
« on: November 09, 2011, 06:33:58 PM »

I'd like to try to bring up the printing in this scan.

Any tips on how to do this? I'm guessing I need to select the color of the printing and then boost it somehow. Just don't know how to do that.

I just want this to be readable. I'm not trying to restore it to it's original glory.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Photoshop help? (Need to bring black levels up)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 07:35:47 PM »
I'd like to try to bring up the printing in this scan.

Any tips on how to do this? I'm guessing I need to select the color of the printing and then boost it somehow. Just don't know how to do that.

I just want this to be readable. I'm not trying to restore it to it's original glory.
Try playing with the levels in the lighting section.  You might want to bring blacks WAY UP in order to bring back the text; you'll have to watch how it affects the rest of the image, however.

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Photoshop help? (Need to bring black levels up)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:02:14 PM »
If all else fails - Iron it! - the heat might make it legible again...or make it worse YMMV...

I recently found a stub while doing a big clean up...to the eye, it was blank...a few strokes of the lighter revealed "FURTHUR 98" - my one and only post-jerry adventure...and well worth forgetting...now ash.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com