Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cleaning Your Recorder  (Read 2485 times)

backwhereubelong

• Trade Count: (0)
Cleaning Your Recorder
« on: August 12, 2015, 08:05:10 AM »
What I should use in cleaning the line / mic inputs of the Sony PCM-m10?  I've had no issues or anything, but after 8-12 months of heavy use I was thinking it might be time to look at using a electronics contact cleaner, but unsure of which one was the best to use.  Any advice?

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Cleaning Your Recorder
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 08:27:10 AM »
What I should use in cleaning the line / mic inputs of the Sony PCM-m10?  I've had no issues or anything, but after 8-12 months of heavy use I was thinking it might be time to look at using a electronics contact cleaner, but unsure of which one was the best to use.  Any advice?

I clean all of my cable and device connectors once a year with Caig DeOxit D5 or Caig ProGold G5 (for gold contacts).  Spray a tiny bit, insert / wiggle connector, and you're good to go.

http://store.caig.com/
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 08:37:51 AM »
x2
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline dyneq

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 01:52:58 PM »
X3 on Caig's stuff, although you can also use 91-99% isopropyl alcohol.

Caig has a whole bunch of products. Some are marketed as cleaners, others as protectants, some do both. Kind of confusing, but I have a large bottle of their D5 I bought 10 years ago that is still mostly full. I also have some of their tiny brushes that fit in to female plugs, but i usually just dip the jack in the D5, insert it in to the plug a few times and then wipe off with a lint-free cloth.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com