Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ipod cracked display - UPDATE  (Read 6257 times)

Offline cheshirecat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Ipod cracked display - UPDATE
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 10:04:35 AM »
So my son got a job when he turned 16, saved up and bought a brand new shiny 60Gb Ipod w/ video.
3 weeks later, screen stops displaying.   Finally sent it back to Apple several weeks later on a Thursday, got same unit back on Saturday saying external force caused an internal crack in the screen.  Not covered, and entire warranty is void.

This is bullshit. There isn't a single scratch on the unit, but there is a crack inside, very slight. Kid swears he never dropped it or anything, and I believe him.  He got a Nomad Jukebox a couple of years ago and it lasted 1 day before he dropped it and cracked the screen, so he was real careful with the Ipod...

IMO, this problem seems similar to the Nano issue, only w/ the bigger units.

Apple support, imo, completely sucks and they don't give a shit.  They offer no repair option, just total replacement of their flimsy product.  Guy was reading off a standard response sheet it seemed.

Never again. Wish there was something I could do.  Anyone else have a problem w/ their Ipod screens ?

/Ken

You should hunt around on google.  Ipods are very simple inside, ony 4 or 5 component parts, and most if not all the parts are readily available.  If you're somewhat handy you should be able to swap the screen without a big hassle, I've done it before for my friends G3 ipod.
SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Ipod cracked display
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 01:26:09 PM »
Apple is starting to do its customers right.

they've actually been ranked at the top (or close to the top) for a *long* time when it comes to customer service

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 01:28:07 PM »
So my son got a job when he turned 16, saved up and bought a brand new shiny 60Gb Ipod w/ video.
3 weeks later, screen stops displaying.   Finally sent it back to Apple several weeks later on a Thursday, got same unit back on Saturday saying external force caused an internal crack in the screen.  Not covered, and entire warranty is void.

This is bullshit. There isn't a single scratch on the unit, but there is a crack inside, very slight. Kid swears he never dropped it or anything, and I believe him.  He got a Nomad Jukebox a couple of years ago and it lasted 1 day before he dropped it and cracked the screen, so he was real careful with the Ipod...

/Ken

did you fight that at all?  i would have sent it back again

Offline KenH

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 11:33:07 AM »

/Ken

did you fight that at all?  i would have sent it back again
Yep, I asked to speak to a supervisor, but he could read the standard reply sheet well.
Next, gonna try IPodRESQ.com...

/Ken
retired

Offline tscales

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • .:www.timscales.net:.
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 03:48:30 PM »
Life's a garden.  Dig it.

AKG 393s > UA-5 (w-mod +) > D8 / Fujitsu T70G

Live Recordings..  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/tscales

Offline KenH

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 11:37:31 AM »
or...

http://fastmac.com/lcdscreen.php
Thanks for the pointer.  Do you recommend this and/or know anyone who's used em ?

/Ken
retired

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com