Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: digital cable in Atlanta area  (Read 2056 times)

Offline jbk_atl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
ISO: digital cable in Atlanta area
« on: April 21, 2006, 01:52:19 PM »
anyone know of a dealer in Atlanta who may sell any 7 pin cables?

either the sony 7 PIN to RCA input only or even perhaps an Digital I/O cable.  i know the I/O maybe a long shot......

was looking to purchase instantly to do some recording this weekend as oppose to having to wait on one to be shipped

thanks
Justin

Offline KLowe

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • CrossFit....check you ego at the door
Re: ISO: digital cable in Atlanta area
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 02:36:04 PM »
are you going to tape the show tonight at the Roxy?

I think best-buy and guitar center has the cables you need.

KLowe
I actually work for a living with music, instead of you jerk offs who wish they did.

bwaaaahahahahahaha.... that is awesome!

philb

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 05:08:36 PM »
I hope you find one. I know Sony stopped making those 7 pin to rca digital cables once they discontinued making portable DAT recorders. Most online retailers such as Oade, Sonic Sense, etc. have a limited number of cables left but they have no plans on making more cables because Sony does not make the 7 pin connection piece.  I think Core Sound (in New Jersey) makes their own cable but they do not use Sony's connection piece. They make their own connector which is not as good as Sony's connector. Sony's 7 pin has a "casing" around the pins to somewhat protect them from being bent or broken. Core Sound's cable leaves them exposed.

Good luck, I would be pleasantly surprised if Best Buy or some other local retailer had those cables.

Offline jtharris

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 04:22:29 PM »
If you haven't found a place yet try Tape Warehouse up on Peachtree Industrial in Doraville. They've got about everything in the world audio accessory related, and great prices on blank disks, labels...etc... They used to carry the Sony DATs so it's a good bet they can get the cable. Also, on most items they'll beat Best Buy by 20-25% in price. And they're usually very helpful if you're looking for something specific, and can often order it if they don't have it. We're very fortunate to have a place like that in town. I've shopped there for years.

btw...i don't work there. They just deserve some recognition, imo... :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com