Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: minime  (Read 3693 times)

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
minime
« on: June 11, 2006, 10:42:26 PM »
My RCA digi out is very loose.  It won't always hold the cable or make a strong enough contact with the RCA pin to pass a digital signal.  Has anyone else experienced this and what did they do about it?  I have contacted Apogee to see how much it would be to fix it.  But, I am concerned its like taking you car to a dealership, you pay 3 times the amount you would for the same work at a local mechanic.... I thought about going the xlr>conveter>rca route, but there is something about knowing you have something that isn't working properly that just bugs me...
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re: minime
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 10:50:43 PM »
i just used aes out instead. check out the aes > spdif cable in the yard sale...

Offline Charlies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 03:57:42 PM »
I have this same issue. Pretty weak, although I like the minime. Haven't been running it much, so I haven't dealt with it; just run a Zoalla silver that has the screw-tight connectors.
AKG ck61/2/3->JK Labs actives and DVC V20->722
M148, Minime, Mod SBM-1, M1

Offline OOK

• formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 05:19:23 PM »
I have this same issue. Pretty weak, although I like the minime. Haven't been running it much, so I haven't dealt with it; just run a Zoalla silver that has the screw-tight connectors.

I emailed :alert: apogee two days ago I am awating their reply...I will keep you posted..
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR

Offline OOK

• formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 04:11:20 PM »

I emailed :alert: apogee two days ago I am awating their reply...I will keep you posted..

Here is the reply I got from apogee

Hi John,

The repair rate is $75 per hour plus parts. We have a 10 working day turn around. If you would like to send it in you will need to contact us for an RMA number (310)584-9394

Best Regards
Chris Lawson
Apogee Electronics

Seems a bit steep to me.....
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 11:35:12 AM »
If you're a trusting soul I'm sure one of the TS electronic gurus could get inside of there and put a new RCA in for a whole lot less than that, but I also agree that your best bet is to use the AES output.
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Offline chucky

• Taperssection Member
  • Hookd on cronics
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 12:44:33 PM »
I had a super loose coax out on my Mme as well.
When I opened it up it seemed so easy to fix that I was considering doing it myself.
That kinda says alot since I learned to solder/desolder through the TS archive.
I was only gonna fix it because I was selling the Mme, but just sold it as was.
If you want to get it fixed anyway I'm sure it would only take them 15 min. or so (prolly a 1hr. charge) plus the less than $5 part.

IMO the AES is the way to go anyways especially since it locks in. I had a really nice cable from Ed at Kindkable that came with my Mme when I bought it outta the YS. His prices are very reasonable and the build was top notch, check out his site if ya haven't already-  kindkables.com

Edit: Rereading your post it seems that may have considered having a local shop do it. I'd prolly just go that route it's just a couple desolders / solders.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 12:49:08 PM by chucky »

Offline gusbud1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I need more cowbell.
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 06:15:23 PM »
I have had problems with mine too... I need that AES cable with canare convertor, I've emailed kindkables a couple of times with no reply or success. (Guess I'll check junk mail, but my filter isn't that good) Anyone  know who could build one of these? I guess I could also put this on the cables forum.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:19:28 PM by gusbud1 »
eathworks sr78(L)>rode nt2a (c-omni)>earthworks sr78(R)>sound devices 302>apogee minime 24/96khz s/pidf>tascam hd-p2

Offline balou2

• Crippled, but still dancin'
  • He was a friend of mine.
    • Little Mountain Sound Archive
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 02:20:36 AM »
Hang in there with Kindkables.  Normally Ed is REALLY great about returning emails/calls quickly, but he is totally swamped right now.  I suppose that's a good thing.  He's a good guy, and a pleasure to do business with.  Cables are top notch, so it'll be worth the minimal wait.
Socks are overrated.

Offline gusbud1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I need more cowbell.
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 04:08:09 PM »
Yeah he (Ed) got back to me.  I was just hoping I didn't annoy him and that's why he wasn't responding.  Your probably right, he must be busy.
eathworks sr78(L)>rode nt2a (c-omni)>earthworks sr78(R)>sound devices 302>apogee minime 24/96khz s/pidf>tascam hd-p2

Offline rustoleum

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKG 481s->MiaGi IIs->MiniMe->MTII
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 04:34:01 PM »
ToddR made a fantastic AES->Coax I've been using.  Good turn around on the order and made with the highest of quality.

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 05:07:05 PM »

Here is the reply I got from apogee

Hi John,

The repair rate is $75 per hour plus parts. We have a 10 working day turn around. If you would like to send it in you will need to contact us for an RMA number (310)584-9394

Best Regards
Chris Lawson
Apogee Electronics

Seems a bit steep to me.....

Love the apogee AD best around IMO. But customer service is shit. Grace blows them away in that aspect. What kind of warantee does Apogee offer on the MME?
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 04:16:04 PM »
I have a AES>SPDIF connecter with mine.  It was no more than $10, I left my gear in Atlanta but ill have it back this weekend and ill let you know the model # etc. unless someone else knows what im talking about and can point you in the right direction.
481(3)>722

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 04:36:30 PM »
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.128 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com