Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART IV**  (Read 83244 times)

Offline MattinSTL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART IV**
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2005, 12:30:56 PM »
On M-Audio's own homepage for the MicroTrack they state:

"powered via USB, rechargeable lithium-ion battery or power supply (both included)"

On some other sites showing off the MicroTrack, such as the SonicState site for the video link... earlier in this thread it says:

"powered via USB, rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included) or optional power supply"

I sure HOPE that M-Audio does the right thing and includes the Plug-In Power as pictured earlier in this thread. I would think almost everybody would need the adapter right away anyway... and it would be crappy of M-Audio to meet a price point by making MANDATORY accessories "optional". Even if that was the case I'd sure want it to be clear when I bought the thing so it didn't arrive without being equipped for travel. They clearly state that it comes with a 64mb flash and you KNOW that's trash so you order a larger card at the same time (I did).

BTW does anybody know how to tell what compact flash cards will be compatible with this thing? I'd hope they ALL would, but I read about some people having problems with certain cards (such as Lexar 80X cards) in some devices. I have a 1GB Lexar 80x and it's been fine for me... but others say you should check compatibility... and considering the HUGE variance in the price of CF cards I'd like to know if a good deal is really a BAD deal...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 12:34:24 PM by MattinSTL »
I didn't know there was a problem until I saw myself sitting there with a glass of tap water, eating an oregano sandwich on a two week old hamburger bun... and the only thing going through my mind was, "God I love this new shotgun!"

Current mics: 480b/ck61/ck63/ck69, Rode NT1000, Oktava mk012 hyper/cardioid, MKE-2, D230, RE50.

Past mics: MKH-416, AT4073a, ME-66, NT2000, NTK, NT3, TR50, M-150, M58, ATR55, MS907.

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2005, 12:35:29 PM »
hey mattin - are you from st. louis?

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2005, 01:16:32 PM »
It's definitely my go-to beer. ;D 

+

Heh it's the PA Bud, lol ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline Brian

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2005, 01:19:44 PM »
after drinking yuengleng at coventry i must say that i liked it MUCH better than Bud.  Hell it tasted just as good warm as it did cold.  that's impressive!

Offline silentmark

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2005, 01:20:34 PM »
wont that be funny...if it doesn't.  and we all buy this thing...and use it at 16bit.
d'oh!!!

I plan on using it at 16bit till I make the 24b jump with my recording setup and home system. For me I have no need for 24b and this will be perfect ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2005, 01:23:12 PM »
after drinking yuengleng at coventry i must say that i liked it MUCH better than Bud. Hell it tasted just as good warm as it did cold. that's impressive!

having one now ;D
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2005, 01:24:23 PM »
after drinking yuengleng at coventry i must say that i liked it MUCH better than Bud. Hell it tasted just as good warm as it did cold. that's impressive!

What doesn't taste better than Bud?   :-X
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline silentmark

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2005, 01:25:00 PM »
after drinking yuengleng at coventry i must say that i liked it MUCH better than Bud.  Hell it tasted just as good warm as it did cold.  that's impressive!

I just poke fun at it being in the tristate area, it is as common as Bud, of which I like neither, give me my Victory Hop Devil ... now back to the MT thread  8)

Offline Brian

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2005, 01:26:20 PM »
<<what doesn't taste better than bud>>

busch, busch light, bud light, natural light.....you know....all the lesser AB beers :P

the real st. louis brewery is Schlafly.....oh yeah....jus thinking of the oatmeal stout has me thirsty ;D

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2005, 01:26:38 PM »
wont that be funny...if it doesn't.  and we all buy this thing...and use it at 16bit.
d'oh!!!

I think just as intriguing will be how BT and archive deal with the sudden influx of 24-bit files. Then again, maybe people with do their own dithering to 16-bit first. Outside of a lot of us audio geeks, most people don't care if they get 24/16 bit files, WAV or MP3... Thus the sales of the iPod.

Wayne

I know I dither everything and seed it....and usually hold onto the 24/96 files for myself and circulate them to a few friends...because your right, very few of the general public can do anything with them...

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2005, 01:27:37 PM »

you know whats funny when I lived in jersey it was the common beer...the kind everyone had in their fridge, I move to NC and I had to smuggle the stuff in from DC since no one carried it...thank god yuengling bought a brewery in florida which extended their reach a bit!

Offline chitaper

• Taperssection Regular
  • Taper. Skeptic.
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2005, 01:30:45 PM »
For those of you who ordered from djmart, where it used to say "usually ships in 2-3 weeks" it now says "usually ships in 5-7 days". Either they just got a shipment or are expecting one very soon!

I'm still hoping I get it by thursday for use friday. Apparently, it must be charged 6.5 hours before first use.

Anyone get a shipping notification for theirs yet?

Offline TenoRichards

• Taperssection Regular
  • Resident Taper/Audiophile Wannabe
    • Tenor
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2005, 03:08:34 PM »

busch, busch light, bud light, natural light.....you know....all the lesser AB beers :P

the real st. louis brewery is Schlafly.....oh yeah....jus thinking of the oatmeal stout has me thirsty ;D
All of Germany will soon figure out just how much Budweiser sucks. They are the world cup sponsor, and will be the only beer served at the 2006 World Cup. I'm alREAdy hanging my head in shame for what they will say about "The King of Beers." Methinks the riots will be about the beer served....
dpa 4060's>BBox>acm modded pmd671 or Edirol r-09
www.tenorrichards.com

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2005, 03:30:36 PM »

All of Germany will soon figure out just how much Budweiser sucks. They are the world cup sponsor, and will be the only beer served at the 2006 World Cup. I'm alREAdy hanging my head in shame for what they will say about "The King of Beers." Methinks the riots will be about the beer served....
Send some Belgian specialty beers: doubles and triples of the known brands...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Brian

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2005, 03:46:25 PM »
Quote from: TenoRichards

:lol:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com