Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R9 replacement for faulty R1  (Read 1556 times)

Offline nxb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
R9 replacement for faulty R1
« on: February 08, 2007, 05:23:11 AM »
I was one of the unlucky ones that got a dodgy Edirol R1 that had random dropouts out of record mode (power down with hold set to on) when taping a show. I returned it to Edirol via the supplier in October last year and after chasing it up a couple of times they have sent me a R9 as a replacement.

I work offshore and will be home at the end of February and want to tape a show with the R9 one day after I get back home. While at work I don't have regular inetrnet access and can't spend the necessary amount of time to search through ts.com to find the answers to these questions, so if anyone can chip in with the answers then it would be much appreciated.

From what I remember Transcend SD cards have a good history of working with the R9, is that the Standard, Ultra or HC cards ?

Do 4GB Transcend SD cards work without the 1.20 firmware upgrade ?

Are there any peculiarities of the R9 that might catch me out when using the R9 for the first use with so little time to research the unit before hand.

I'm hoping the dodgy line-in connectors aren't an issue anymore...

I'll be using it with a SP-SPSB-1 Battery Box & SP-CMC-4 mics

Thanks,

Mike

dorrcoq

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: R9 replacement for faulty R1
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 01:55:05 PM »
Depending on when they sent it, it may already have the software update installed.  In any case, it only takes a minute or two to update. 

I think people used the 4 GB card before, but it was not officially supported until this upgrade.

I love mine, and I'm sure you will, too!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.193 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com