Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Studio Projects C4s help  (Read 2538 times)

Offline WolfmanDMB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Studio Projects C4s help
« on: March 24, 2006, 02:43:12 PM »
i received a pair of c4s for christmas from my parents who bought them from sweetwater. i have used them about 3 times without changing the caps but the other day i changed the caps from the omnis to the cards and they when i tried to take the cards off the threading came off of the the mic body and is stuck on the cardioid cap. is there a quick fix for this or should i get ahold of sweetwater and tell them about it so i dont ruin anything? i have a show to tape in about 2 weeks and these are my only mics. thanks for any help!
video rig: light > canon zr70mc > minidv

audio rig: sp c4's > ps-2 > ad-20 > jb3

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
Re: Studio Projects C4s help
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 11:36:45 PM »
i received a pair of c4s for christmas from my parents who bought them from sweetwater. i have used them about 3 times without changing the caps but the other day i changed the caps from the omnis to the cards and they when i tried to take the cards off the threading came off of the the mic body and is stuck on the cardioid cap. is there a quick fix for this or should i get ahold of sweetwater and tell them about it so i dont ruin anything? i have a show to tape in about 2 weeks and these are my only mics. thanks for any help!
I would definetly send them to Sweetwater Or Studio Project for Warranty work or exchanged!! If the thread is off the mic body no post in forum is goin' to help ya fix this unless ya know how to thread/dyke a delicate electronics like mics. Good luck and +t for your troubles.
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 12:43:46 AM »
I would definetly send them to Sweetwater Or Studio Project for Warranty work or exchanged!! If the thread is off the mic body no post in forum is goin' to help ya fix this unless ya know how to thread/dyke a delicate electronics like mics. Good luck and +t for your troubles.
Peace

Not true. Do what the guy above the last guy said and read the Team SP threads. This is fixable.
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Offline rowjimmytour

• My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 11:58:07 PM »
Sorry for the bad advise! I should trust in the TS forum after all I learned every thing I know here. This is great advise because I would never have guessed the threads could mount in such a way. I guess my plumbing and maintenance background got in my way this time.
Peace
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline rowjimmytour

• My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 03:25:29 PM »
It is a little scary when it first happens and if you don't have the mechanical insight for this type of connection it can freak you out.  It's just one of the quirks that make this mic what it is.  To prevent it from happening again, I should have mentioned, be sure that the thread ring is seated tight in the mic body. 

Is this type of thread common in mics or only the cheaper ones? I never experienced any problem w/ my c4's and the thread but today I well never have to worry about changin' out caps because my Tl's are on the way.
Peace
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline WolfmanDMB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »
problem fixed. thanks for the help, folks!
video rig: light > canon zr70mc > minidv

audio rig: sp c4's > ps-2 > ad-20 > jb3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com