Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Can my oade active be fixed????  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Can my oade active be fixed????
« on: December 18, 2003, 11:39:20 AM »
well i made the most bonehead move ever in my short taping career.  I broke my 165 fuggin dollar oade active cable last nigt. I broke the 7pin end. the analog/digital switch broke off as well as one of the sides of it. Can anybody fix this by putting on a new sony 7pin head just like the one on the oade cable or do i have to shell out more dough that i don't have to get a new one.  at least i can still tape just can't utilize the a/d in my ua5 as i will have to go RCA out to line in on my M1.

Thanks in advance for any help or info!

Dammit i'm an idiot.....

Brian

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Re:Can my oade active be fixed????
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 11:42:40 AM »
well i made the most bonehead move ever in my short taping career.  I broke my 165 fuggin dollar oade active cable last nigt. I broke the 7pin end. the analog/digital switch broke off as well as one of the sides of it. Can anybody fix this by putting on a new sony 7pin head just like the one on the oade cable or do i have to shell out more dough that i don't have to get a new one.  at least i can still tape just can't utilize the a/d in my ua5 as i will have to go RCA out to line in on my M1.

Thanks in advance for any help or info!

Dammit i'm an idiot.....

Brian

Are you sure it's non-functional?  Do you still have the A/D switch?  It's easily replaced, and the switch can still be triggered without it - albeit not easily in the field.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Brian

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 11:48:43 AM »
haven't tried it out yet, but the actual switch is broke off and gone. Couldn't fine the tiny bugger. I'll have to take another look at it and see if i can still switch.  God i hope that it broke off permanently on digital and still works. Ic ould still use it until i get enough money to replace the 7pin head.

now if it doesn't work can i buy a new 7pin head and have someone solder it back on and still have the cable be 100% functional?

Brian

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 11:51:05 AM »
By the A/D switch, you mean the little grey jobbie, right?  If so, you should still be able to reach in with a paperclip or something and flip the switch.  As for soldering on a new 7-pin head, yeah, it could be done.  That's how Oade and Pro-Dig make theirs, after all.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Brian

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 12:02:00 PM »
+T Brian. Thanks for the help and info. good to see that i'm not totally fucked.  it just sucks though because that damn cable is expensive and i don't want to have to buy a new one of if don't have to. hopefully i won't.

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 12:15:43 PM »
why not give oade a call and see if they can fix it for you- should be something pretty minimal in cost

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 11:28:26 AM »
why not give oade a call and see if they can fix it for you- should be something pretty minimal in cost

Exactly. I lent my active out & well the shield was bent upon return. I tried my best to get it back to it's original shape, it was still off. I could get it in, but it was tight as all hell upon removing. Not something I wanted to do on a regular basis. I sent it to Oade & he replaced the shield for me with an extra he had. Works fine, BUT in the time it was out of commish, I bought a prodigital one, and I prefer this hands down over the oade version, HTH ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com