Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SPSB-9 keychain 12v battery box  (Read 3042 times)

Offline robkismet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Trade List
SPSB-9 keychain 12v battery box
« on: November 05, 2005, 05:35:43 AM »
Can't seem to find much feedback on this, but it looks cool to me.  Super stealth power.  Thinking of maybe grabbing one of these and some eBay DPA 4061s to go into a Hi-MD line-in.  Anyone know if this would be a good/bad idea?

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Feel brand new about it
Re: SPSB-9 keychain 12v battery box
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 01:52:14 PM »
I may have missed it but the one thing I'd be interested in would be a battery life estimate.
Good luck.

taken from SP...
# Extremely small and compact - attaches to your keychain like a car remote.
# Uses 12 volt long life battery, included
# 50 hour battery life, depending on microphones used
# Output cable is terminated with high quality right angle male 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo goldplated miniplugs
# Available with an optional in-line level control
------

6v per?  I'd like to see it pump just a little more if that's the case.  Nice idea though.
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline cybermansrev

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 05:37:25 PM »
------

6v per?  I'd like to see it pump just a little more if that's the case.  Nice idea though.

As someone who knows little about electronics but is currently trying to educate myself to make a 3 wire battery ox for my AT853's I think the 12V battery would supply 12V to each mic as they are in parallel. Of course if I'm talking bollocks please tell me as it helps my "education".
I must say I would then worry that 12V is a little to hot to supply AT mics which Sound Professionals mainly use, but those little batteries would certainly be good for a stealth setup if they supply a reasonable ammount of mAhr.

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 08:03:34 PM »
------

As someone who knows little about electronics but is currently trying to educate myself to make a 3 wire battery ox for my AT853's I think the 12V battery would supply 12V to each mic as they are in parallel. Of course if I'm talking bollocks please tell me as it helps my "education".
I must say I would then worry that 12V is a little to hot to supply AT mics which Sound Professionals mainly use, but those little batteries would certainly be good for a stealth setup if they supply a reasonable ammount of mAhr.

Wouldn't there need to be two batteries then?
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline cybermansrev

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 07:18:26 AM »
I don't think so as the mics are in parallel in the circuit. Having said that perhaps someone like Poorlyconditioned who seems to know his stuff would like to comment.

Offline Weazel

• Taperssection Regular
  • sp-cmc-8-> DIY BB -> Iriver IHP120 (rockbox)
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 02:59:28 PM »
i use 12v with my cmc-8's and works just fine with my home made batterybox
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=38094.0

------

-[ pop goes the weazel ...]-

zowie

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 11:24:48 AM »
It says on the website it supplies 12v to the mics.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com