Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: i bought a lepai lp2020a+ ...  (Read 3800 times)

Offline db

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • i do not have a personal statement
i bought a lepai lp2020a+ ...
« on: October 11, 2012, 03:30:45 PM »
and have a strange problem.  or it has a strange problem:

bought one for my desk at work (> jbl 62) from parts express -- $24.  got it and found that the right speaker connection was funky. i could only get it to work by yanking the + and - and reinserting them. turn off > on the amp and same thing; left channel only... reinsert speaker wires = stereo.  thinking i just had a bad speaker connector i called parts express. @ 24 bucks + 10 for shipping i did not want to get involved in a big problem exchanging.. but they just sent me a new one at no charge for either shipping or amp and told me to do whatever i want with the 1st amp. nice. got the new amp, hooked up today and the same problem occurred. swapped speakers, swapped mini > rca. still the same thing.  so i'm looking at running both, one for each channel.  anyone else have one of these things? heard of this issue?

it has a 3.5mm input.. maybe it needs that for a 3.5mm source? nah.
db

Offline gkatz

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: i bought a lepai lp2020a+ ...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 04:00:09 PM »
I actually just got one of these as well, except I ordered it off of ebay from China for 20 with free shipping. Only took 9 days to arrive in mass from when I ordered it, and it works perfectly, so I guess I can't help you. I did notice the 3.5mm input was fairly noisy, so I use a y cable from my computer into the rca's. works fine with my CD changer and I-pod's etc..

I guess you're just unlucky and got a bad batch. quality control is always the issue. I would think ordering from parts express would be better, guess not. I got mine through the "hossen" seller from Hong Kong I think.

Offline db

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • i do not have a personal statement
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 04:04:30 PM »
thanks.

just an added piece; when i pull one (+ or -) wire and reinsert, i get some sound but low. pull both and reinsert = full volume.  weird.  maybe i'll just leave the thing on forever?   fwiw, it sounds surprisingly good.
db

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 06:25:55 PM »
I just ordered a T-amp today.  I almost bought the Lepai but bought a Topping TP-22 insted.  Spent a 139$...  interested in the sound of these T-amps.  Everything I have heard is they are very nice at the fraction of the cost of a bigger amp.  I am going to use it for a desktop set up at work.   it will take the line out of my computer and my ipod.  can't wait to hear jerry at work...

OOK

http://www.parts-express.com/product/product_image_zoom.cfm?partnumber=310-322&imagepath=310-322_l.jpg
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:09:28 PM by OOK »
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com