Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Church Audio Cardioids Stealth setup and microphone noise  (Read 6517 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Church Audio Cardioids Stealth setup and microphone noise
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 10:08:08 PM »
Well, I ran some tests and came up with a clear result:
My colar velcro setup sucks, any slight movement produces noise, especilly when turning my head, moving my arms, or - worst - when rolling my shoulders. Even when trying to sit completely still , some noise was audibe. After that, I ran a comparison recording, with the microphones held in place by some wire loops.
Guess what: no noise !
Well, I got to explore other setup possibilities now. For me, stealth - well camouflaged setup - is of highest importance, to be able to still enjoy the show while recording. From that point of view my currant setup is tops, but a letdown in the noise department. The default setup for these microphnes appears to be clipping them onto the clothes. But how do you do that without them coming into plain view, for everybody to see, cables and all? I neither want to wear a hat nor croakies. I'm thinking of somehow placing them underneath my arm pits.
I ordered my microphones without the clips. Chris, would you be able to retro-fit them with clips, if I cover the costs for postage, parts and work?

Adding clips is FREE if you cover the postage back to you. You can also purchase a croakie mount from me if you wear glasses. You can also do a public post in my Team Church Audio thread asking for ideas on how to mount your mics for stealth via PM because after all we do want to keep stealth "stealth" :)

Chris

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 07:38:29 AM »
It would be cheaper to have Chris install the alligators for free, but a FAR better option is to buy a pair of these:
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/AT-LAV-CLIP

They work great with CA-11's (but not the CA-14's), they rotate, and can be easily removed when not using clips is a better option. Also someone may know a cheaper place to pick up a pair-I think someone posted one once. It would be money well spent.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 11:38:13 AM »
PM sent.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline kfrinkle

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Karl Frinkle Dot Net
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 08:30:26 PM »
I have not stealthed yet with these, but I decided to wear the mics like I normally would for stealthing, sticking out of the front ends of my collar, and I seemed to pick up a decent amount of noise with minimal moving.  Granted, I had the gain up, so not sure what it will sound like at a loud show...

-Karl
MBHO KA200n's > Naiant Tinybox (v2.1) > Sony PCM-M10
http://tooldriveproject.net

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com