Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Busman BSC1 or Oktava mk 012 Mike Joly Mod with marantz pmd 661 Supermod?  (Read 2595 times)

Offline vibralux

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Hi guys

I just ordered the Marantz PMD 661 Supermod from Doug Oade and I am trying to figure out what mic's to couple it with. I will be recording some weird samples for my new album, so anything goes – from crazy foley and fx to street sounds, spoken work and live music recordings. Therefore  I need a flexible mic – preferably stereo set. And very important – my budget can stretch only up to 850$. 
I was thinking about Oktava's mk 012 moded by Mike Joly and Busman BSC1 stuff – which of those would fit better my needs? Maybe there are some other options that could fit the bill better?  It would be a bonus if I could also use those to expand my studio possibilities.

I would greatly appreciate any advice as I am new to field recording and it seems to be a totally different animal then  studio fun ;-)

Cheers

Marty

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Marty,

Bill Silter can do the mod at a better price than Mike and has a quick turn around. Try www.billsrecording.com

Ray

Offline beanstalk

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
I'd go with busman mics. You get a very nice sounding set & wide cards to boot.
http://www.busmanaudio.com
"I don't believe in a lot of things, but i do believe in duct tape."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com