Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Remote Amazon  (Read 4601 times)

Offline jazzgtrl4

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Remote Amazon
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 07:06:37 PM »
Thanks Sr. Bass!
In LA now, fly out tonight.
I ended up going with the Telefunken field recording set - sounded great in the shop and the feature set was irresistible.
The interchangeable capsules mean Ill get to play around with a few different stereo micing techniques as featured in the newby article (great read by the way) on stereophonic zoom.
Plus the battery that the field set comes with is 100 Ah - equivalent to 8 of the ones I'd bought from easyAcc to power the Babyface / iPad. It also features a USB out so I can actually use it to power Babyface/iPad, etc. the case looks like it'll have enough room for all my gear except the iPad.

Since everyone here's pretty up on their mics Ill spare y'all my description of the mics I tried in the shop - ill just say the experience at VKLA was pretty sweet, no rush on time and no hassle about forcing purchases. But man, a dangerous place to be with a credit card!

I'll try to post a pic of the full setup this afternoon, and some recordings (hopefully!!) when Im back!
Peace!

nice! im sure you will enjoy them. Just got back from HSMF where i ran them all weekend in the heat and direct sunlight, no issues.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.203 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com