Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Quck review of the Nady CM-2S Stereo Mic  (Read 2322 times)

Offline vegas06

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Quck review of the Nady CM-2S Stereo Mic
« on: March 14, 2006, 12:52:26 PM »
I posted questions a week ago on personal experiences with the Nady CM-2S stereo Mic, which looks very similar to the AT822 Stereo Mic.

I just wanted to let you know that I just received my Nady CM-2S Stereo Mic (The one that looks just like the AT822).
And it is just that, just like the AT822.
It seems that Nady decided to copy the AT822 to the exact detail, except for the finish (which is black).
The build is very similar to the AT822 (slightly heavier), with the ony real difference seeming to be that it takes longer to unscrew the Nady mic (longer threading).

It comes with a stereo XLR to dual 1/8 cable (as well as 1/8 to 1/4 trs adapters), 1 XLR to 1/8 stereo cable, mic stand holder, and foam screen.

To my ears, the sound is very if not exactly the same as the AT822, with a slight edge to the AT822 for the highs. The mids and lows are very accurate and rich, especially for event work—this should be a splendid mic to go along with the AT822, especially being $100 less. So far it seems it might be a very good find.

I am probaby going to put it to a test with a wedding at the end of this month, with the M-Audio 24/96 Microtrack. So I'll keep ya'll posted.

Ciao,
Michael

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
Re: Quck review of the Nady CM-2S Stereo Mic
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 01:47:51 PM »
+t for taking a chance and a review... Let us know how it goes. Roll some music.
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com