Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Other J disc applications  (Read 1683 times)

Offline barrettphisher

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Other J disc applications
« on: May 19, 2006, 11:35:15 PM »
I do most of taping off of balconies and in rooms that can be quite chatty.  Do you think that a J disc under the mics would cut down on the chatter noise from below?  Anyone ever done this?
Barrett
Mics: ADK A51 TL's C12s, at853's (card, hyper, sub, and omni caps), Michael Joly Premium Electronics Modded Oktava mk012s (Card, Hyper and Omni caps), Busman BSC1 Stereo Kit, and Oktava 319.
Pres: V3 opti/M-S Modded, BM2p+ UA5, church audio 9100, 3 wire BB
Recorders:  Busman Mod Tascam DR-680, ACM HD-P2, HD-P2, MT2 x2, D50, M10, JB3 x2, M1, D8

Offline wsphansam

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My trading list.
Re: Other J disc applications
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 02:10:21 AM »
My simple minded thinking is that it's probably not going to cut out much just because it's small and the crowds are probably big. The mics are still going to "hear" the crowd despite putting the disk under the mics which might only cut out a few people that are directly underneath them and even then I bet it wouldn't be that significant.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/wsphansam

Team Kansasouri, Southern Office
Team Texas

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Other J disc applications
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 02:49:18 PM »
I do most of taping off of balconies and in rooms that can be quite chatty.  Do you think that a J disc under the mics would cut down on the chatter noise from below?  Anyone ever done this?
Barrett

I dont see how that would prevent anything....Polar Patterns are 360 Degrees. Omnis will pick up everything under the sun.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com