Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Nomad JB3  (Read 8963 times)

wrangler_n_space

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Nomad JB3
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2003, 10:11:27 AM »
Yes i left it on before and during setbreak. i dont know what i was thinking. I was assuming that it would not pull that much off the battery if it was not recording.

The show was fickin great. Its only the second time i have seen them by themselves. Still debating weather or not it was worth 25$ though.

I pulled another rookie mistake at setbreak also. I went out on the pattio to "talk" to an old friend and left my little brother, who was about drunk, to watch the rig. About  a minute and a half into the second set i came back in and my brother was just dancin his ass off. Did not bother to hit record for me. Totally forgot what he was suppose to be doin. My girfriend took to calling me the lazy taper the rest of the night.

It all good thought there was another guy there taping so i am going to get that first couple of minutes from him.

I need to make a check list of rookie/stupid mistakes and look at it every time i tape.

Offline bush

• "Taper Pimp"
  • Taperssection Member
  • Steppin to the beat
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2003, 10:38:59 AM »
Yeah I know just what your saying ;D

My list just keeps getting bigger! and my fiance keeps reminding me of all those rookie mistakes.

25 bones! Where was the show?
Team Bama--Duct tape Mafia

"RIGLESS"

1985 CJ-7 stretched on 38's

wrangler_n_space

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2003, 10:50:45 AM »
At the Chukker in Tuscaloosa.
I talked witht he owner for a little while and they only cost three grand to get them, which i thought was fairly cheap. But the place only holds maybe 250 folks. So the ticket prices were jacked up. Maybe 100 or so showed up. I bet another 100 would have came if it was 15$.

More room to tape though.

Only had one drunk get near my rig while i was in the bathroom. I came back and he was standing like 2 inches away from my stand and swaying. There was at least 15 feet of room in front of him. I walked behind him and kind of did a little ass shake dance for my girlfriend. Trying to be cute but looking goofy. Anyway he got the hint and moved on to the wall for more support.

Offline bush

• "Taper Pimp"
  • Taperssection Member
  • Steppin to the beat
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2003, 11:23:15 AM »
I've never taped in t-town...I was a drunk fraternity boy there a few years ago, and I havent braved the bars there with a rig yet, I remember some rowdy crowds.

Its good to hear you didnt have to brawl for space there, I always figured it would be some rough and tumble taping in tuscaloosa.

"RIGLESS"

wrangler_n_space

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2003, 02:24:13 PM »
What do you guys use to sample the wav.

Offline bush

• "Taper Pimp"
  • Taperssection Member
  • Steppin to the beat
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2003, 02:33:10 PM »
What do you guys use to sample the wav.

What do you mean by this?

"RIGLESS"

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2003, 02:33:55 PM »
Hey wrangler, your battery may not have been conditioned properly...  Charge it up and discharge it all the way, then repeat 3 times.  This usually shakes the batts back to original spec.

My single batt has lasted for 2.75 hours record and 45 minutes standby before!  Now I have 2, tho, just so I don't have to even think about it (plus I can listen to the show on the way home)

:D

wrangler_n_space

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2003, 08:33:46 AM »
discharge

How, just by running it out?

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2003, 08:54:46 AM »
Yes, that's what I do; perhaps spin some good tunes while you're at work, and enjoy running the batt down  ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com