Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Metering, was JB3 metering  (Read 14815 times)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re:Metering, was JB3 metering
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2003, 04:29:01 PM »
We are seeing them in Detroit at the state theatre.  I have a GA balcony ticket... I am going to get there early to get in the front row of the balcony (hopefully...)

Peace-
Andrew
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2003, 05:16:12 PM »
about using a vu meter with a ua-5, i think that would be really easy and quite effective!  think about it...it has rca outs on the rear, if those are active while outputting a digital signal say to your jb3, then you can get accurate levels right off the pre before it even gets to the jb3, just get a y-adaptor for twin rca's > 1/8" stereo.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2003, 01:52:09 AM »
i wish you all well in your taping, i'll be running around with a big grin on my face.  If you see a fellow with a brown and yellow hungry howie's trucker hat on--thats me.  maybe i'll stop by the "section" and say hi to everyone before the show starts.  it'd be cool to meet some of you.

oh, and if you've never been to the state, there are two balcony's, the top one hangs out over the bottom one a bit.  but the bottom one is right above the board.

ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2003, 08:55:26 AM »

oh, and if you've never been to the state, there are two balcony's, the top one hangs out over the bottom one a bit.  but the bottom one is right above the board.

Hey man, this is where I will be (bottom)... dreads and beard... float through and check us out.  

Peace-
Andrew
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline jewgrass

• Taperssection Regular
  • Let's hear it for my band, Sexual Chocolate!
    • My concert pics
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2003, 02:03:28 PM »
nice finds! +T

this one http://www.hobbytron.net/vk4305.html looks perfect ... just solder on a  stereo miniplug and plug it into the headphone jack of the jb3. it could probibly run off the same battery as a UA-5. you could even get a realy nice one http://www.hobbytron.net/vk4306.html.

Dissclamer: I dont know shit! the most advanced soldering / electrical building project i'v done is the jordan shapiro battery pack.

Nice find!!  +T's all around!  I'm gonna order one right now and play around with it when I get back from FL.

"There's really only 3 kinds of beer in the world.  Warm beer.  Cold beer.  And NO beer."

Offline Nick in Edinboro

• Wishes he was fishing right now...
  • Toshiba SD3690 > HK AR-20 > B&K ST-140 > Axiom M22
    • moepics.com - share your shots of moe.
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2003, 03:48:23 PM »
What do you guys plan on powering those mini-meters with?
Oktava MC012's (dorseymod) > UA-5 (digmod) > JB3
http://braintuba.no-ip.com

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2003, 02:43:15 AM »

Hey man, this is where I will be (bottom)... dreads and beard... float through and check us out.  

Peace-
Andrew

I'll try my hardest to make it there.  I have GA everywhere, so getting around shouldn't be too hard.

ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline blu666z

• Trade Count: (1)
  • AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2003, 02:01:13 PM »
For the UA-5ers, any chance to make the meter accept an optical signal which I don't use on mine?

-Kevin

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2003, 05:22:34 PM »
about using a vu meter with a ua-5, i think that would be really easy and quite effective!  think about it...it has rca outs on the rear, if those are active while outputting a digital signal say to your jb3, then you can get accurate levels right off the pre before it even gets to the jb3, just get a y-adaptor for twin rca's > 1/8" stereo.

thats exactly what i plan on doing. il be ordering mine tomorrow, so il post back asap about it

Offline blu666z

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2003, 06:20:26 PM »
If I rememeber correctly you can change the levels being output on the RCAs.  Point being, the levels being sent on the RCAs don't always match those of the digital.

-Kevin

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2003, 02:40:40 PM »
For the UA-5ers, any chance to make the meter accept an optical signal which I don't use on mine?

-Kevin

I've had the same thought, but using the coax out.  As far as I can tell, it's not possible / easy to monitor the digital signal for levels.  The only devices I've seen are very expensive and involve doing D>A and then monitoring the analog output.  Calibration is obviously key...

What I thought would be a fun diy project turned into a wild goose chase.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2003, 05:31:07 PM »
If I rememeber correctly you can change the levels being output on the RCAs.  Point being, the levels being sent on the RCAs don't always match those of the digital.

-Kevin

how do you change the rca's output?

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2003, 09:08:53 PM »

-Kevin

how do you change the rca's output?

One of the knobs on the front does it... I think the one above the phones jack
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline blu666z

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2003, 03:31:09 PM »
I am at work right now and can't check but I think Lee has it right.  One is the headphones level and the other is output.

-Kevin

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2003, 11:43:22 PM »
yes it says output above it, i havent messed with it to see if it does change the rca outs, assuming that it does. all the way up would put it at line level correct? making the meter accurate?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.151 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com