Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Laptop battery packs  (Read 16424 times)

rabhan

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Laptop battery packs
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2003, 12:14:55 AM »
cool, thanks! i just wish laptops had a "hold" key. i guess closing the lid is the only answer, would be neat if laptops had a dual lcd like flip cell phones so you could see your levels, heh

thanks for the tips!

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2003, 09:28:23 AM »
I'm looking into a power solution for my laptop. It seems that one of my batteries is not giving what it sould. It should be a solid 2 hours like the other is but It's only giving me about 1 hour 15 min. I ran with the lid close at Alpine and still ran out set 2.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2003, 02:24:41 PM »
Have you tried reconditioning the battery?

Maybe you blew a cell....

What kinda lappie? Get a replacement battery on ebay?
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2003, 03:29:48 PM »
quick question, so the valence runs about 4 hrs and then your lappy toggles to internals? at what point does that happen? is there any affect on the wav file being recorded when you switch from "AC" or valence to internal batts? so you are saying that you could get 4hrs from it and then another 2 from internals? so 6hrs total, that seems great. my new laptop came with 3 batteries but they only last about 2/5-3hrs with the lid open and i am a little concerned about booting up too early b4 a show and then being screwed. so far i have only run the laptop AC at shows. thanks.
nothing happens when it switches to the internals...as soon as the n-charge loses power it just goes over and there's no effect at all in the recording.  lately the n-charge has been running for the entire show though and i haven't even had to use the internals, i'm guessing the battery has become conditioned or something...
anyhoo, i'm lovin that n-charge, it has removed all possibility of power problems from my rig.  now all i have to worry about is starting it on time and keeping it well ventilated so it doesn't overheat.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2003, 04:58:54 PM »
They say that they more you use the N-charge the better it gets, I have been try to make a concerted effort to drain it once a week per their instructions.

I also have no effect when switching from N-charge to internal. I set up my power options for the dimest setting on the LCD it helps to get a little more life out of your batteries. I would really like to have two N-Charge I can run 2 internal batteries if i remove my burner so I was thinking 2 internal and 2 N-charge would be more power than i could really ever need
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

rabhan

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2003, 05:43:31 PM »
anyone know what the footprint is of the valence, i cant seem to find that info online. thanks!

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2003, 06:46:24 PM »
it's smaller than my vaio pcg-fxa32, can't seem to pull up the specs on that right now but it will give you an idea...probably when i get home tonight if i remember i'll measure it for you.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline kindms

• The Breakfast
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2003, 07:23:03 PM »
anyone know what the footprint is of the valence, i cant seem to find that info online. thanks!

I would guess w x L x H

81/2" X 10" X 1/2"
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10

rabhan

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2003, 06:21:51 PM »
i really need to know exactly, bc my laptop is 11x9 and it is in a custom pluck-picked pelican case and i want the valence to go under it so i can run the laptop out of the pelican like i am doing now. i guess i can always return the damn thing if i get it from bestbuy, they got them for 300$, any better deals out there?

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2003, 06:35:43 PM »
sorry jon i forgot to measure it last night, i will do that this evening...i am pretty sure it will fit just fine in there.
valence used to have a $50 off deal i think, when i got mine...probably not anymore though.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2003, 10:24:34 PM »
the dimensions are:
11 13/16" x 9 3/4" x 1/2" with the adaptor plug on it (that applies to the 9 3/4" measurement)
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Offline kindms

• The Breakfast
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2003, 11:15:57 PM »
i have the pelican attache' laptop case. it fits in the case no problem

rabhan

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2003, 10:46:57 AM »
cheapest place to find a valance?

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2003, 10:47:50 AM »
best buy? pricewatch?
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

rabhan

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2003, 10:49:39 AM »
i have found 289 internet and 299 locally-  trying to find cheaper
« Last Edit: August 07, 2003, 10:51:41 AM by Rabhan, C.G.S. »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com