Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

new Schoeps CMC 1 amplifier for the Colette series

<< < (2/9) > >>

DSatz:
It's meant as an option for those whose particular applications make it worthwhile. It's not intended to supersede the CMC 6. My guess is that plenty of people will be more comfortable with the established, more "normal"-looking amplifier. Not everyone needs the ultra-small size, light weight, and/or those extra few dB of maximum SPL.

--Just in case it didn't stand out in the video or on the Web page, the current draw of the CMC 1 at 48 Volts is about half that of the CMC 6. Even at 12 Volts, where the CMC 6 is already twice as power-efficient as it is at 48, the CMC 1 draws only 3 mA rather than 8. So people with Sound Devices and other gear that has 12 or 15 Volt phantom powering might welcome that as well, with the caveat that when the CMC 1 is powered at only 12 Volts it no longer has a higher maximum SPL than the CMC 6 does.

--best regards

ero3030:

--- Quote from: DSatz on September 10, 2019, 03:35:13 PM ---Hi. Schoeps has just announced a new, miniaturized amplifier for the Colette series, the CMC 1. It works with all capsules and accessories of the Colette series, has all the same specifications as (or in a few details, slightly better than) the existing CMC 6 amplifier, but weighs only 1.3 ounces and is 1-1/2 inches long. It will be available starting October 1.

https://schoeps.de/en/products/colette/microphone-amplifiers/cmc-1.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7IPridYbgg

The U.S. price hasn't been set yet to my knowledge, but it should be in the general neighborhood of what a CMC 6 costs.

The CMC 6 will continue to be available and fully supported.

--best regards

--- End quote ---

Schoeps copying b9audio or dpa???  I only say this as my b9audio team thread got hyjacked by butt hurt schoeps fans (which I'm a 20year member) knocking b9 products ( which wasn't the place or time)  so I'd figure I would get my own dig in

DSatz:
No offense taken. I left the B9 thread quite some time ago, after posting there once about something that was largely irrelevant (people's misuse of the word "colette"); I realized that I was suppressing/denying anger that I truly didn't wish to express, since there was nothing to be gained by my expressing it. So I left instead, and my mental life has definitely been better since then.

The principle of "live and let live" seems to apply nicely in this forum, as well as in that other strange space where people, you know, walk around and breathe and have their lives.

--best regards

heathen:

--- Quote from: DSatz on September 10, 2019, 05:22:21 PM ---as well as in that other strange space where people, you know, walk around and breathe and have their lives.

--- End quote ---

Instagram?

;)

ts:

--- Quote from: jerryfreak on September 10, 2019, 04:14:46 PM ---$50 over a CMC6, not awful but a tough sell considering the tons of good used CMC6s on the market all the time (many are even the newer RFI shielded models)

--- End quote ---

Don’t forget the schoepsnbox solution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version