Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MAC NEWBIE needs help tracking a 16/44 wave file  (Read 10531 times)

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: MAC NEWBIE needs help tracking a 16/44 wave file
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 10:17:51 AM »
is there a way using Sound Studio 3 to only save certain tracks from a long file?

In Sound Studio 3.6, select the audio or track you want to export, then File > Save Selection As.

Don't think that's what he wants to do. If you were to use that method you'd have to select only the audio for each individual track and save them one at a time. There is no option in Sound Studio a la CD Wave where you can check/uncheck to select specific tracks you want to save all at once.

I think the issue is basically that BC doesn't want to save the audio (crowd) pre and post the actual music audio tracks. If this is the case this is the method I use (and it takes all of about 30 seconds):

1. Place a marker where you want track 1 to start, double-click the audio anywhere prior to that marker, press the delete key.
2. Place a marker where you want the last track to end, double-click the audio anywhere after that marker, press the delete key.
3. Go to View > Delete All Markers
4. (I personally like to save the file here so I don't archive the raw file with the extraneous pre/post set crowd noise)
5. Start adding markers like you normally would in tracking the music > Edit > Split By Markers

If I were using CD wave I'd do the exact same thing as I not only don't want to save those pre/post set crowd noise tracks as individual files, I don't want to save those portions along with the larger uncut file which I will archive.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 10:21:33 AM by ashevillain »

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2011, 10:28:50 AM »
can I convert my 24/48 to 16/44.1 in Sound Studio on my MAC?

Here is a plug...

Audiofile's Wave Editor will, it uses iZotope's industry best 64-bit SRC™ and MBIT+™ dither.
http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/waveeditor/

Try It Free...
Wave Editor will run, without limitation, for 15 days. After that, you'll need to purchase Wave Editor for $79 to utilize the application's functionality.
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

nl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2011, 02:53:32 PM »

1. Place a marker where you want track 1 to start, double-click the audio anywhere prior to that marker, press the delete key.
2. Place a marker where you want the last track to end, double-click the audio anywhere after that marker, press the delete key.
3. Go to View > Delete All Markers
4. (I personally like to save the file here so I don't archive the raw file with the extraneous pre/post set crowd noise)
5. Start adding markers like you normally would in tracking the music > Edit > Split By Markers

Oh, is that what he meant. I actually use the same method as you describe, except I archive the raw file before step 1 in case I accidentally delete something I wasn't supposed to.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com