Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: can diginoise be removed from a cdr?  (Read 1394 times)

Offline ThorazineShuffler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
can diginoise be removed from a cdr?
« on: April 25, 2007, 06:35:18 PM »
HI -  I'm sure this has been asked alot but I haven't been able to find any answer yet.I've just spent some time going thru the posts.I made it up to page 10 then decided it might be easier to just ask.
  Is there anyway possible to remove diginoise from a cdr recording? What would be a good program for doing this - without having to spend $400 on ProTools or whatever?
  I have a very good audience recording of a Lou Reed show from New Haven,Ct (March '96) that I received thru a b+p but unfortunately it has some diginoise in several spots during the first song (rest of tracks are fine).I was hoping to maybe be able to 'clean' up the noise.
  Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Much Thanks -  Ray

Offline gratefulphish

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
Re: can diginoise be removed from a cdr?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 08:00:17 PM »
Extract the audio from the CD using Exact Audio Copy or similar software.  Open the file in your editing program, Soundforge, Audacity (free) other,  zoom in on the diginoise segments (they are pretty easy to see in the waveforms.)  Depending on whether it is one or both channels, your options are to copy and paste a segment from the good channel to the bad, or if both are bad, just cut the diginoise piece out.  You will likely never notice.  While you can hear it, it happens very quickly, and the edits are usually unnoticable.  Hope this helps.
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

Offline ThorazineShuffler

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 10:15:36 AM »
THANKS for the info.I do use EAC and also have Audacity on my computer.I'll have to do some experimenting and see what happens.I'm pretty sure the diginoise is on both channels.
I had pretty much thought that being it was a copy there might not be much one could do to remove the noise.Figured it might only be fixable on the original flac/shn source.

Take Care -  ray

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 06:07:33 PM »
You might want to try to track down a better version without the errors. I am guessing these are small "ticks". Those are sort of misplaced samples. They can be fixed in 90% of cases but they are from a bad burn. Someone burning with bad media, too fast, other software running, etc... You could probably get your hands on a good copy with a little effort. Hell the guy you traded with might have a good copy that was burned poorly. This is waht sucks about crappy media and crappy trading technics/ethics.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.163 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com