Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I'm a Foobar idiot!!!  (Read 1642 times)

Offline bkirby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoeps/MGs > M148/248 > SD722
I'm a Foobar idiot!!!
« on: May 20, 2008, 03:09:09 PM »
I can not for the life of me figure out how to name music files. I can easily drag and drop them, but how can I name each song, and put each song under an artist and then maybe under a year, and then a date? Do I need to rename everything before dropping it into Foobar or can I drop the tracks in and then rename? I'm lost and any help would be most apprecited. I have tried to read some of the tagging info. site online, but it's just way over my head and they all seem to be speaking in tongues. Is there an idiot guide for this? Any help would be most appreciated...

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: I'm a Foobar idiot!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 12:50:51 AM »
I tag after I have put them into fb2k.  DL a copy of masstagger, no longer supported but works fine with 0.9.5.2 and use that for the basic tagging like group name, album, venue, etc.  It will also auto tracknumber for you.  If it is ripped from a CD freedb will pull in the correct tags for you.

You will also find www.hydrogenaudio.org a really good source for fb2k.  It has an area devoted to it and the author is a regular there.

Cheers
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline bkirby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoeps/MGs > M148/248 > SD722
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 09:26:42 AM »
After messing around with it last night, I think I finally got it! Thanks boojum, +T! Seems like Masstagger never worked first time I loaded it, but after deleting all of FB2k and then reloading and adding Masstagger, it works! Now that I think I have it figured out, time to change the tags on all 1.3TB of music on the server! Augh... :banging head:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:29:55 AM by bkirby »

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 02:11:37 AM »
There is also a live show tagger whihc will tag from a setlist.  How cool is that?  Found on the foobar2000.org site.

Cheers
Nov schmoz kapop.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com