Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Gradual amplification  (Read 2146 times)

Offline pool

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Gradual amplification
« on: April 14, 2014, 12:03:31 AM »
Hi
I need to amplify a segment of music which is between silence segements where noise is present. Therefore the transition has to be gradual.
I need a feature which can increase by eg 3 dB and gradual increase / decrease eg after 0.5 sec.
Audacity envelope does it but 1. when choosing the marker points it risks moving the whole file when clicking 2. i cant tell how much dB im increasing.
Can anyone identify an audio application which has these two features (gradual amplif and with specified dB)?
thanks

Offline pool

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Gradual amplification
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 09:27:59 AM »
I have wavelab and im sure it does it, but cant find the feature of inputting amoiunt to increase and amount for gradual increase/decrease anywhere.

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:29:30 AM »
It isn't clear to me what issues you are having with the envelope tool.  It works as designed in both Audacity and Wavelab.  The scale is on the left hand side in Wavelab, but my eye works as well as the scale.  You can make the increase linear by only using two points.  Well, three, I guess (two endpoints and a single point in the middle.)
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline pool

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:26:47 AM »
is this: process > level envelope in WL? cause mine looks different and doesnt have these features (WL7)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:05:24 PM by pool »

Offline pool

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:50:04 PM »
managed to load the file but i dont see the envlope function after that. rocket science.
maybe its me after all. for today used audacity although i dont liek manual placement of markers which can easily move whole file when clicking and the db being increased are not clear. used visual comparison with rest of wav.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:44:33 PM by pool »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com