Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: transferring from a sony mz-r37  (Read 3956 times)

Offline blowaway

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
transferring from a sony mz-r37
« on: May 24, 2007, 04:06:37 PM »
hey all i just recorded my first show with my sony MD mz-r37 but i cant figure out how to transfer it onto my computer...i got an extra cable to plug it into where the mic picture is on the back of my comp but nothing happens...anyone have any suggestions? thanks!

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
Re: transferring from a sony mz-r37
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 04:10:18 PM »
http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sony_MZ-R37.html

seems this md-recorder is not capable of transferring data digitally to your pc.

u need a hi-md recorder to do that and sonicstage software.

you can still go analog from md-line out into your pc´s line-in and record with audacity(freeware) in realtime.

1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline ShawnF

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 05:09:03 PM »
Or a home deck with digital out (and a way to get it digitally in to your computer, so to speak).

Offline blowaway

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 05:43:24 PM »
ok thanks for the tips...now where do i find my computer's line in at? is it in the back where the picture of a mic is?

nameloc01

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »
you can also run it into a stand alone burner or stereo setup.(analog out (headphone)>line in)

Offline faninor

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 06:43:22 PM »
http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sony_MZ-R37.html

seems this md-recorder is not capable of transferring data digitally to your pc.

u need a hi-md recorder to do that and sonicstage software.

you can still go analog from md-line out into your pc´s line-in and record with audacity(freeware) in realtime.

Hi-MDs are not able to digitally transfer standard minidisc recordings. The only real solution that I'm aware of to transfer it digitally is to use a minidisc deck with digital outputs. I really suggest doing this rather than an analog transfer because it will most likely sound better. You can probably find somebody who would be willing to transfer the minidisc digitally if you mail it to them.

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 03:08:23 AM »
Hi-MD's are able to digitally transfer to your computer.  I am doing it as I type this.  I believe all the Hi-MD's can do this but only the RH1 can do legacy recordings from other MD's, like Net MD's.  I did this earlier today when I digitally uploaded tracks recorded from a SONY MZ-N1 by putting the disc into the MZ-RH1 to upload from. 

Cheers     8)
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline faninor

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 03:08:30 PM »
Hi-MD's are able to digitally transfer to your computer.  I am doing it as I type this.  I believe all the Hi-MD's can do this but only the RH1 can do legacy recordings from other MD's, like Net MD's.  I did this earlier today when I digitally uploaded tracks recorded from a SONY MZ-N1 by putting the disc into the MZ-RH1 to upload from. 

Cheers     8)
Oh, I didn't know they added the feature to transfer standard md ("legacy recordings"). All Hi-MDs can of course digitally transfer from minidiscs that are formatted to the Hi-MD format, but most of them can't digitally transfer recordings from standard minidiscs. My girlfriend's been thinking about replacing her MZ-RH10 with an MZ-RH1, so that feature would be great and mean that I can sell the old deck I use for transfers.

Offline boojum

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 09:54:17 PM »

Cheers     8)
Oh, I didn't know they added the feature to transfer standard md ("legacy recordings"). All Hi-MDs can of course digitally transfer from minidiscs that are formatted to the Hi-MD format, but most of them can't digitally transfer recordings from standard minidiscs. My girlfriend's been thinking about replacing her MZ-RH10 with an MZ-RH1, so that feature would be great and mean that I can sell the old deck I use for transfers.

It made it easier for me to buy the RH1.  It is sweet to record with.  Levels can be changed on the fly.  It is tiny, sleek, and works well.  What's not to like?  I believe it may also soon be discontinued by SONY as they back away from the MD format.  It is a shame.  They bungled what have could have been a great thing.  The RH1 gets it just about all right.  I will see what the next few months bring.  If it looks bad I am getting a Zoom H2 if they work out, otherwise probably and H4.  I will miss the MD.    8)
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline blowaway

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 11:05:18 AM »
so is anyone going to tell me where to find the line in on my computer? lol please?

Offline Liquid Drum

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 01:35:39 PM »
It should be in the back somewhere. You'll then need something like 'Audacity' to record it in real-time.
Mics:
AT933/C

Batt-Boxes, Pre-amps:
CA-9100

Recorders:
Edirol R-09
iRiver H120 (CF Modded)
Sony MZ-RH910 Hi-MD

Video: Canon HV20 E

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 04:47:56 PM »
so is anyone going to tell me where to find the line in on my computer? lol please?
You need to get on your hands and knees and look for something on the back of your sound card that does not look like a picture of a pair of headphones or a microphone that should be your line input.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline boojum

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 10:02:47 PM »
Line-in is stereo; mic-in is generally mono.  Be warned.    8)
Nov schmoz kapop.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com