Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: adobe audition - some editing help needed  (Read 2093 times)

Offline ellaguru

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • the wendy hour
adobe audition - some editing help needed
« on: April 05, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »
hey friends...(..long winding story ahead!)

i borrowed an ADAT player to dump down some vintage stuff of a band i used to play in.  6 songs, about 15 minutes total time. 10-13 tracks depending on overdubs.

i got the tracks loaded into audition as one long song. each song will require its own mix.

issue#1:
now how do i split the enitre 15 minutes into the 6 individual songs?  ive found a way to cut/delete what is not needed per song, but yet in edit mode the entire 15 minute waveform comes up, not the 3 or so minutes that i need to work on.  a minor parallel issue is that id like all songs to begin at the 'zero' point, not point where they exist in the entire 15minute track.

issue#2
also, for example, song #1 only has 10 tracks, so i dont need tracks 11-13 displayed in mutitrack form, but if i delete them while working in song 1, do they totally disappear or am i still able to edit them when opening song #2 where they are needed?

my head is spinning right now over this one & id like to solve this before i get too into the project...

thanks!

chris

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: adobe audition - some editing help needed
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 04:50:29 PM »
For #1 - Select the section you want to be a track, Edit > Copy to New File.  I think that is the wording, but you can select parts and create new files of that section.  Then you can trim the ends, etc.  It will show up with "Filename02" or something to that effect in the file list.

For #2 - If you have all the tracks open, they will all be in the file list.  You can add/remove what ever you want from the multitrack work space and still have all the files/tracks in the main list.  I am at work, but that is how I recall it working.  I haven't worked with more than two tracks at a time, and never multiple songs with multiple tracks.
FOR SALE - Check HERE

Offline ellaguru

• the wendy hour
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 05:14:36 PM »
For #1 - Select the section you want to be a track, Edit > Copy to New File.  I think that is the wording, but you can select parts and create new files of that section.  Then you can trim the ends, etc.  It will show up with "Filename02" or something to that effect in the file list.

For #2 - If you have all the tracks open, they will all be in the file list.  You can add/remove what ever you want from the multitrack work space and still have all the files/tracks in the main list.  I am at work, but that is how I recall it working.  I haven't worked with more than two tracks at a time, and never multiple songs with multiple tracks.

thanks for the tips.....cant get yr advice on #1 to work...there is no 'edit>copy to new file' for me...or even something similar that works!  ill keep plugging away & advise if you have a solution..

chris

Offline rsimms3

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »
Select the part you want to be a new track, right click in that area and "copy to new".  It also shows up for me under the Edit button as well.  What version of Audition do you have?
FOR SALE - Check HERE

Offline ellaguru

• the wendy hour
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 06:08:46 PM »
Select the part you want to be a new track, right click in that area and "copy to new".  It also shows up for me under the Edit button as well.  What version of Audition do you have?
AU 3 here....there is no 'copy to new' in the multitrack session....

Offline rsimms3

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 06:57:11 PM »
AU 3 here....there is no 'copy to new' in the multitrack session....

Oh, that's the problem.  You can only do it with those steps in the individual files, I didn't realize you were trying to do it in multitrack.  I think the problem was the wording i.e. track/file.  I should have said file.
FOR SALE - Check HERE

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 07:39:13 PM »
Split into tracks in edit view the way rsimms3 explained. Then you can import those tracks into multitrack view.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com