Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Which audioprogram?  (Read 6316 times)

Offline Nielsen81

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Which audioprogram?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 03:56:17 PM »
3 different versions of Audition 3.0? Any idea what's what?

I just downloaded all 3...think the program needs all 3 files to be able to be installed, but not sure though :)
Have you taped a Nirvana show or do you know anyone who has? Then please contact me or go to LiveNirvana.com

Online aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 07:43:00 AM »
I am pretty sure you only need ADBEAudition_ESD1_WWEFGJIS.exe.  The other two are the software and library for Loopology, for creating loops.  There is also a patch to upgrade 3.0 to 3.0.1; I can't remember precisely why this patch is needed, but Adobe says it "improves the overall stability and reliability of the application."  That's here:  http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4237.

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 11:18:22 AM »
I am pretty sure you only need ADBEAudition_ESD1_WWEFGJIS.exe.  The other two are the software and library for Loopology, for creating loops.  There is also a patch to upgrade 3.0 to 3.0.1; I can't remember precisely why this patch is needed, but Adobe says it "improves the overall stability and reliability of the application."  That's here:  http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4237.

Loopology? This would come in handy for Keller Williams shows lol.
Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 01:10:00 PM »

^  Once again, everything that aaronji said. ;D  Loopology is an add-on and library of thousands of royalty-free audio music loops.  You likely don't need it unless you plan on becoming the next Skrillex.

If this is the same thing as Cool Edit, I want it. I used to run Cool Edit 2000 (I think it as 2000?). I loved it except for one thing: it didn't automatically cut on sector boundaries. But hey, that's why we have CDWav, right?

Audition will cut on sector boundaries depending on how you set it.  Right-click on the "Time" panel along the bottom and you can choose different frame rates, ie: CD, SMPTE, milliseconds, etc.  The one caveat I've found, and perhaps it's just the way I use it, is that if I change the viewable range of the waveform while I'm saving track markers, it seems to "upset" the frame rate and I'll get sector boundaries.  Not a big deal to me since I always run the resultant files through Trader's Little Helper to double-check, but it had me scratching my head for awhile trying to figure out how/why I was getting errors.

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 09:46:51 AM »
Thanks FCB, that's good info to know....
Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com