Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Removing Buzz  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Evets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Removing Buzz
« on: July 21, 2005, 06:05:24 AM »
Hi guys,

New to this forum and pretty new to taping.  Used to do a bit of it a while back but not for ages, now I have recorded this gig.  My problem is, the guy playing was using a stomp box which generated this huge bass sound.  Now this created probs for my little MD and mic, i ended up with this buzz everytime he hits this stomp box cause the bass maxes out.  Now I have the recording in Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and thought it would be simple to get rid of the bottom end of this sound and thus the buzz, but cant work out how to do it.  Any ideas?  I can reduce the db easy enough but am still left with the buzz.

Thanks,
Steve

Offline dklein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Removing Buzz
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 01:27:28 PM »
If you can isolate a very short sample of just the buzz, then you can build a profile and use noise reduction to 'subtract' it in selected areas.  When removing, you don't necessarily need to remove 100% of the noise (because sometimes that has adverse effects on the music).  Alternately, if you know it's a straight 60Hz hum or something like that, then you can use scientific filters to just notch out a very narrow range.

CEP help is very helpful on 'how to'.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.124 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com