Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Laptop feedback for Sager 5720  (Read 1308 times)

Offline godprobe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Laptop feedback for Sager 5720
« on: December 07, 2005, 01:28:41 PM »
Hi all, I was wondering if anything in particular stands out as being a bad idea to use this laptop for audio recording: Sager 5720

I do want to use it for gaming too (it should run Half Life 2 and F.E.A.R. smoothly) and I already pulled the trigger on the cash, but just in case there's anything particularly horrible that I decide I don't like about it, I can still return it within 30 days.  I went for the 2.26Ghz (eh, why skimp?) and will be replacing the two 512MB sticks of RAM with two 1GB sticks.  100GB 7200 RPM drive.  And I'll be using either a UA-5 via USB or a VX Pocket V2 for input.  I'm not *too* concerned with ambient fan noise (unfortunate casualty of wanting the most powerful laptop graphics card).  I think the only thing that has me worried is "chirping" due to the infrared port and whether or not the combination of the PCI-E card and the Intel chipset might add artifacts to the sound (there seem to be scattered reports of this on some other forums).

But if there's anything else I should look out for, or if anyone has any tips or has even run this particular laptop for audio recording, I'd love to hear some feedback!  Thanks!
AKG C1000s || AKG 393s > UA-5 Stock || Oade UA-5 T-Mod+ > JB3 w/ SVU-1 || USB WinXP / A900LTD headphones
Variax 700 HT Red > CAT 5 > POD XT Live > UA-5 Stock > USB WinXP / A900LTD headphones
Soft: Winamp, Sound Recorder, Fruity Loops, Cubase SX
$lowly ISO pair of AT8410a shockmounts for the 393s, mic stand, and Audio Technica ATH-A900LTD headphones

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • CAR RAMROD
Re: Laptop feedback for Sager 5720
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 01:49:35 PM »
I ran a Sager 5690 (P4, 3.0GHz, 512RAM) for a long time with my vxPocket V2 and never encountered any problems whatsoever.
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com