Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: whats the best digital voice recorder to get  (Read 2037 times)

Offline catch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
whats the best digital voice recorder to get
« on: April 16, 2008, 05:10:19 PM »
hey guys brand new here im lookin for a good quality digital voice recorder to buy i have an olympus that i have done some recordings on that have been overdriven  i have a decent external mic so thats not the problem im lookin to spend 100 to 200 dollars any help is greatly appreciated i know about the zoom h2 h4 however thats not what i want

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: whats the best digital voice recorder to get
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 05:44:37 PM »
I think you meant to say you want a digital audio recorder, not a "voice recorder."  In the price range you mentioned, your best bet is to purchase an iRiver H120 or H320.  Both are discontinued models that show up as "new old stock" online occasionally, and more often as used gear in the Yard Sale section of this forum.  Then install the free Rockbox software.  There's lots of information about this recorder in the forums here.

Flintstone

Offline catch

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 11:18:03 AM »
where is the yardsale part of this site?i am lookin for a machine that hold 5 or six hours of really high quality recordin

Offline evilchris

• Taperssection Member
  • Audio, ergo sum.
    • dimwell.net
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 11:22:36 AM »
Take a look at the Edirol R-09.  It was just upgraded (R-09HR), so the older model should be easy to come by for a bit less.
nothing > nada > R-09

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member

Offline sunjan

• Needs to get out more...
  • Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 08:52:23 AM »
I think you meant to say you want a digital audio recorder, not a "voice recorder."  In the price range you mentioned, your best bet is to purchase an iRiver H120 or H320.

Just curious, why are you turning down the H2 or H4? I'm trying to figure out your motive for rejecting them, since the H2 is pretty much the only solid state WAV recorder that retails under $200 new.

You said that you have an external mic, can you tell us which model, and how it is terminated? To bring out the best of the Iriver, you most probably need a bbox/pre (paging Church Audio...). If you only want to spend $100-200, this will bust your budget.
BTW, if you really want to record voice with the internal microphones, Iriver is not the way to go.

Please clarify if you need this to tape live music (loud rock, acoustic/classical?), and whether you intend to use internal mics. Do you already have a pre, or would you need to squeeze this into the budget?

When you say "lookin for a machine that hold 5 or six hours of really high quality recording", do you require 24bit sound, or is 16/44 good enough for you? You'll have to take the cost of flash memory into consideration if you go the R-09 route. Again, that would bust your budget...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 09:00:35 AM by sunjan »
Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com