Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Suplerlux HK8 shock mount  (Read 1457 times)

Offline cyfan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • It's not personal
Suplerlux HK8 shock mount
« on: July 29, 2006, 10:50:38 PM »
I've got a set of Superlux HK8 mics and I'm looking for an alternative tbar/shock mount (preferably better quality) than what I've got.
I keep ordering and breaking the cheap plastic mounts, which use the rubber bands, that come with the mics and was planning to get a pair of the solid clamps made for the HK8s, which are supposed to be sturdier. But I've also lost one of the screws that goes through the bar to hold the shock mounts in place and, despite numerous trips to the hardware store, have been unable to locate another screw that works worth a damn.

So... rather than buy more shock mounts, I'm looking for another Tbar set up with different shock mounts to just replace the whole damned thing. I plan on researching the diameter specs of the HK8s to find something of comparable size, and go from there. But if anybody has suggestions in the meantime....maybe from experience.

Tim
Superlux HK8 > Edirol UA-5 > JB3
Multi-tracker: Fostex VF 160 EX

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Suplerlux HK8 shock mount
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 12:18:05 AM »
I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but I'd recommend the Shure A27m Vert Bar and AT 8410 shocks.

Buying new you'd be looking at around $160 for everything.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline Oysterhead00

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rock This Bitch
    • My Ugly Page In Need Of A Huge Makeover
Re: Suplerlux HK8 shock mount
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:56:21 AM »
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=69201.0

Check out that thread...the SSM's are perfect for Super Lux mics and I love 'em.  AAAudio on eBay sells them and they are very helpful answering emails and ship promptly.  I was asking about the threading for them to see if I needed any adapters and they said they'd send me a few free.

Here's a link to an AKG T-Bar that is very inexpensive and works like a charm.  A Vert Bar makes it easier to mount at the x/y 90-degree setup and stuff, but this works just fine and is $50 cheaper :)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=286149&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

The SSM's attach nice and tight to the bar and they have full metal construction so you aren't going to break them. 
Big Rig:  SMK-H8K/U or MSH-1O > PS-2 > AD-20 > CJB3
Sm Rig:  SS DSM-6S (or SP-CMC-12 > SPBM-2)  > MD-MT77
ISO: Cheap iRiver 120 or 140 :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com