Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AD-20 Cable suggestions?  (Read 2441 times)

Offline soomlos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Regular
AD-20 Cable suggestions?
« on: January 07, 2005, 04:31:16 PM »
Looking for some ideas on completing this chain....

Denecke AD-20 > ?? > Oade active 7 pin > D8

The ad-20 has a 1/8 inch mini out and optical out... I don't want to use the optical out because I'm mostly in stealth situations and I've already ruined 2 sony poc-da12p's... connectors snapped off.
The oade 7 pin has a female rca in...

Been looking around and all I've found is a mini to rca s/pdif cable... cost $1.99... not sure of the brand name... but at the price I'm questioning the quality.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a high-end solution here.... maybe custom building, but what types and brands of wire, adapters, connectors, etc should I look for?

Thanks all!

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: AD-20 Cable suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 04:38:01 PM »
Looking for some ideas on completing this chain....

Denecke AD-20 > ?? > Oade active 7 pin > D8

The ad-20 has a 1/8 inch mini out and optical out... I don't want to use the optical out because I'm mostly in stealth situations and I've already ruined 2 sony poc-da12p's... connectors snapped off.
The oade 7 pin has a female rca in...

Been looking around and all I've found is a mini to rca s/pdif cable... cost $1.99... not sure of the brand name... but at the price I'm questioning the quality.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a high-end solution here.... maybe custom building, but what types and brands of wire, adapters, connectors, etc should I look for?

Thanks all!

i JUST made macdaddy the following s/pdif cable: Switchcraft mono 3.5mm male > Canare LV-61s 75ohm digital cable > Switchcraft right angle RCA.  +/- 6" in length.

you can order these parts from various places or pm me for details.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 04:53:31 PM »
Marc's solution is definitely more high end that what I used to use. When I ran an AD20 I used a 3.5mm(m) > RCA(f) right angle adapter from Ratshack and a Hosa coax cable.

Offline peterbilt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 12:08:30 AM »

Pretty sure I run the same cable from my AD20>7pin, and it's ok for the time being, but I am going to build a better cable soon. 

Offline dylandenver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 08:54:47 PM »
nice avatar of the bob, talks soon

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com