Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: OK I found the problem and fixed it.  (Read 3125 times)

Offline MJ

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
OK I found the problem and fixed it.
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:38:14 AM »
Hi folks
I just came back from the show I had prepared for many months.  I ran AKG Ck1s(card)>mk46 Actives>c460b bodies>Fostex FR-2LE Oade Brothers HD Mod.  I just checked the recording and realized that one mic picked some kind of noise, which never ever happened to this one.  I don’t know what to do with this and how to fix it.  I uploaded a sample file for other kind folks to take a listen and to offer some kind of advice to me.  Any info will be greatly appreciated.  I will go to the second night of this artist.  I will probably use a different pair of mic and everything.  But I really want to use AKG mics for this artist if possible.  So if there is a quick way to fix this problem and you would let me know how, I will forever debt to you.   Any kind of advice will be truely appreciated.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SCPIGFJL

Koichi
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:59:23 AM by rocknrolljourney »
<Main Rigs>
Schoeps MK4s>(Nbox Active cables)>Nbox+ or Nbox Platinum>Izzy (Split) Cables>Sony PCM-M10 or Sony PCM-D100

<Sub Rigs>
(1)DPA4061s>(terminated with 3.5 stereo mini)>Church Audio Pre>(3.5 stereo mini+Canare cable + 3.5 stereo mini)>Sony PCM-M10
(2)DSM-6S/L>(terminated with 3.5 stereo mini)> Sony PCM-M10

<IEM>
(1)scanner
 DJ-X2000
 IC-RX7
(2)receiver
Shure P10R
Sennheiser ek2000
(3)recorders
Marntz PMD706

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
Re: HELP ME PLEASE!! What's this noise?????
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 12:17:08 PM »
^Out of curiosity, why did you run FR-2LE>M10??
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline MJ

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 03:57:13 PM »
^Out of curiosity, why did you run FR-2LE>M10??

Sorry.  It is just a typo.  I did not use a M10 for this pair of mics.
Koichi
<Main Rigs>
Schoeps MK4s>(Nbox Active cables)>Nbox+ or Nbox Platinum>Izzy (Split) Cables>Sony PCM-M10 or Sony PCM-D100

<Sub Rigs>
(1)DPA4061s>(terminated with 3.5 stereo mini)>Church Audio Pre>(3.5 stereo mini+Canare cable + 3.5 stereo mini)>Sony PCM-M10

<IEM>
(1)scanner
 DJ-X2000
 IC-RX7
(2)receiver
Shure P10R
Sennheiser ek2000
(3)recorders
Marntz PMD706

Offline MIQ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Stereo Mic Tools
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 09:44:04 PM »
Koichi-san,

I hear the noise in the left channel.  At times it is just a constant "tone" and other times there is a random noise sound as well.  To me it sounds like a partial failure of the preamp channel but it's hard to tell.  You should try each piece of gear with other gear you know works.  For example, try the mics with another preamp and see if the noise is due to the mics.  Try the preamp with other mics to see if it's the preamp.  Etc...    It sounds like it could be switch mode power supply noise getting into the signal in the preamp.  It does not sound like a cable issue but I could be wrong.

It's too bad.  The recording you posted (from Castle Hall?) sounds really nice otherwise.

-MIQ

Offline MJ

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 11:13:22 AM »
Koichi-san,

I hear the noise in the left channel.  At times it is just a constant "tone" and other times there is a random noise sound as well.  To me it sounds like a partial failure of the preamp channel but it's hard to tell.  You should try each piece of gear with other gear you know works.  For example, try the mics with another preamp and see if the noise is due to the mics.  Try the preamp with other mics to see if it's the preamp.  Etc...    It sounds like it could be switch mode power supply noise getting into the signal in the preamp.  It does not sound like a cable issue but I could be wrong.

It's too bad.  The recording you posted (from Castle Hall?) sounds really nice otherwise.

-MIQ

HI
I just came back from the second night (yes, it’s the Castle Hall).  Thank you very much for your input.  I really appreciate it.  I just tried to see what caused this noise as you suggested but I did not have enough time before a show.  So I used a pair of MK4s for the second night, which turns out to be all fine….  I will have one more show to catch this weekend.  So I will see if I could find in time this time.
Sincerely,
Koichi
<Main Rigs>

<Sub Rigs>

<IEM>
(1)scanner
 DJ-X2000
 IC-RX7
(2)receiver
Shure P10R
Sennheiser ek2000
(3)recorders
Marntz PMD706

Offline MJ

• Taperssection Regular
Re: OK I found the problem and fixed it.
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 04:02:31 AM »
Ok
My friend helped me find a problem with an active cable and fixed it.  Thank everyone for sending me a tip.  It was just a loose conection, which I should have noticed a long before the show. :-[ :-[

Koichi
<Main Rigs>

<Sub Rigs>

<IEM>
(1)scanner
 DJ-X2000
 IC-RX7
(2)receiver
Shure P10R
Sennheiser ek2000
(3)recorders
Marntz PMD706

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 03:15:54 PM »
Glad it got resolved :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline MIQ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Stereo Mic Tools
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 12:11:50 AM »
Koichi-san,

Glad you got it straightened out.  Figures it was a cable after I wrote that it didn't seem like a cable issue to me.  Doh! ;D

-MIQ

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com