Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: So what is the real deal with JB3>mac?  (Read 1766 times)

Offline ehren

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Of course this is a taper ticket!
So what is the real deal with JB3>mac?
« on: April 28, 2005, 05:38:37 PM »
Hey all,

So I'm putting my rig back together and have bought a JB3 off os ebay. I'm a mac guy and I figured I could get this to work somehow. I downloaded the xnjb software but haven't installed it yet because my jb3 isn't here yet. Could someone please give me a heads up as to the best way to make my jb3 work with my mac? There is a driver for itunes but I have not been able to find it, and I'm running the latest version of itunes.

Thanks,
Ehren

Offline reesey

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Artist Type
Re: So what is the real deal with JB3>mac?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 07:25:37 PM »
there is a simultaneous thread regarding this topic..

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=40962.0

but i would just load your software, (get your jb3) connect the jb3 to the mac usb port, hope the jb3 turns on (is found by the mac) then if it doenst automatically connect and show you the harddrive in the XNJB window, go to the Jukebox menu and click Connect.  you should then see it in the XNJB window and be on your way.  make sure to disconnect from the same drop down menu after transferring the files, and dont let the jb3 turn off after the file transfer is done, cause both will probably erase your files from the mac. (not the jb3, usually)

also, sometimes my desktop has a problem keeping the files once they are transferred, but my laptop works flawlessy although somewhat laboriously.  strangely, both OS's are 10.3.9, so who knows whats up there.

you may also want to join the yahoo group jb3 and find some threads there that might help.

good luck, and dont get frustrated the first run.
mk4>kc5>cmc6xt>sx-m2>mt2496
d{^_^}b
       \~

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re: So what is the real deal with JB3>mac?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 03:25:19 PM »
+T for the quick primer...just used it for the first time today and it went just fine. :)
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com