Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CA-14, SPC-CMC-8, TASCAM DR2 MATRIX  (Read 2028 times)

Offline hankillo

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
CA-14, SPC-CMC-8, TASCAM DR2 MATRIX
« on: October 18, 2010, 08:11:45 PM »
Hi all,

November 10 and 11 i will go to tape Paul McCartney in River Plate Stadium at Buenos Aires. I want to record four channels using a Tascam DR2D to make a matrix in post production. I have a pair of croakie mounted SP-CMC that i have used in a lot of shows, but there are to much wind sensitive. I want to use a pair of CA-14 (less wind sensitive) line-in connected to dr2d via CA-9100. Somebody know how to stealth ca-14? Any idea? I also have a pair of cafs which are more stealtheables. Are the cafs bass response the same as the bass response of the CA-14?

Best Regards,
Pablo

PD: Sorry for my English

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: CA-14, SPC-CMC-8, TASCAM DR2 MATRIX
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 01:35:28 PM »
If it's an open air concert, I suggest the CAFS. They have plenty of bass response.  I know some on this board think otherwise, but that has not been my experience and I own all the CA mics excect the 11 series.

When you say the other mics are sensitive to wind, I am assuming you have cardioids. I favor omni mics outdoors as they are less sensitive to wind.  The only downfall is they do pick up your chatty concert neighbor noise more easily.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline hankillo

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 02:50:18 PM »
If it's an open air concert, I suggest the CAFS. They have plenty of bass response.  I know some on this board think otherwise, but that has not been my experience and I own all the CA mics excect the 11 series.

When you say the other mics are sensitive to wind, I am assuming you have cardioids. I favor omni mics outdoors as they are less sensitive to wind.  The only downfall is they do pick up your chatty concert neighbor noise more easily.

Txs for the info. Do you know where can I buy a pair of windscreens for the cafs?

Best Regards,
Pablo

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 03:00:50 PM »
They are so tiny and with them being omni's, I doubt wind noise would be an issue. Running them in croakies is a great option.

Chris doesn't sell CAFS windscreens to my knowledge.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com