Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Connecting DPA 406x mics to a Mic2496?  (Read 1670 times)

Offline English Haze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Connecting DPA 406x mics to a Mic2496?
« on: September 07, 2005, 09:14:03 AM »
I've noticed the many eBay auctions for pairs of DPA 406x mics with lemo plugs and while I appreciate the warnings about the condition of these used units they are significantly cheaper than buying new. I presume I could acquire a pair of these, clip the lemo connectors off and wire them into a single mini XLR plug for use in the Mic2496 with the appropriate power config. Right?

Is there a wiring guide posted anywhere for this configuration?

Also, if I attend mostly moderately loud concerts (i.e. no thrash metal that makes your ears bleed) would I be better off with the 4060 or 4061 model?

I'm fairly new to all this business so please be kind if I'm asking stupid questions that have been asked a million times and put me right gently. I have done a fairly thorough investigation of the threads here before posting.

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
Re: Connecting DPA 406x mics to a Mic2496?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 06:27:00 PM »
4061's are considered more universal than the 4060's.

Just wondering, why is that?

I noticed most people seem to run the 4061's, but the 4060's can take 134 dB SPL so why go with a less sensitive mic?

I have been toying with the idea of picking up a pair myself, would definitely go with the 4060's personally.

Also, regarding the original post, you might also want to consider how well the two are matched when buying.

Happy taping!
Ben

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.155 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com