Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mic booms, counterweights, safety stuff needed.  (Read 1392 times)

Offline dmaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • dance spaceghost dance!
    • ToriTraders
mic booms, counterweights, safety stuff needed.
« on: August 12, 2006, 02:35:16 PM »
I've been buying bits and pieces of new stand gear for the past month, I finally have all the parts to connect everything I've bought...  and now the extension pole (the long 7ft bogen one) is too heavy for the boom arm of my mic stand.    This is fine if I want to go straight up, but my most common scenario I think so far is that I'd like to hang off the side of a balcony and attempt to get to a more centered position in the room, or from the back of a balcony and attempt to get closer to the source. 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=5364&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

that's my extension pole.   It's awesome, but when I fully extend it, my mic stand will hit the ground, or fall off the balcony or any number of pretty bad things potentially.

So, I need advice on any good boom arms that are either counterbalanced already to hold the weight of the extension arm in place or really what I should be doing in this situation.   The balcony rails here are not clampable at a couple of places and I'm attempting to cover all my bases and venues if possible.    I'm going to attempt to see what they have at the local Guitar Center stores (probably not much) but if anyone knows any other recommendations for B&M stores to get things at, I'm all ears.  (i kinda need to figure this out by Thursday, or leave my new junk at home). 

Thanks!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com