Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SP LSD2 questions  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Corbin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
SP LSD2 questions
« on: November 24, 2006, 01:43:10 PM »
Sorry about the newbyish questions..It was a lot easier to research which mics and recorder to buy but now I'm trying to figure out the answers to more specific questions that aren't as easy to find on the database..

So I just bought my first mic, an LSD2 (not the updated modell)..and I have a couple questions..

First, does anyone know what model Pelican case fits the LSD2 the best?..There's a million pelican cases and I didn't even know where to start.

Second, what do I have to buy to clamp the LSD2 onto a balcony railing?

And third, can anyone recommend a stand for me to buy..I know that Shure, Manfratto, and Bogen are the popular ones around here but just like the Pelican cases, I don't really know where to start.  And do I have to buy any adaptors or will the LSD2 mount right onto the stand?

Thanks in advance for the replies,  I wish I could +T you but I don't even have 50 posts yet..I gotta start posting more, reading less I guess.  Adam

Offline aberg

• Needs to get out more...
  • Team Canada
Re: SP LSD2 questions
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 01:52:13 PM »
Sorry about the newbyish questions..It was a lot easier to research which mics and recorder to buy but now I'm trying to figure out the answers to more specific questions that aren't as easy to find on the database..

So I just bought my first mic, an LSD2 (not the updated modell)..and I have a couple questions..

First, does anyone know what model Pelican case fits the LSD2 the best?..There's a million pelican cases and I didn't even know where to start.

Second, what do I have to buy to clamp the LSD2 onto a balcony railing?

And third, can anyone recommend a stand for me to buy..I know that Shure, Manfratto, and Bogen are the popular ones around here but just like the Pelican cases, I don't really know where to start.  And do I have to buy any adaptors or will the LSD2 mount right onto the stand?

Thanks in advance for the replies,  I wish I could +T you but I don't even have 50 posts yet..I gotta start posting more, reading less I guess.  Adam

First off, congrats Adam. That's a sweet-ass first rig you've got there. That will sound amazing. What I would suggest is that you just look at the listed dimensions for the LSD2 and then check out the pelican case dimensions at any of the sites like pelicans4less.com or something like that. They list interior dimensions. Get one that will give you enough room to play with, and get the pick and pluck foam. For a heavy mic like the LSD2, I would suggest a bogen superclamp and extension arm for clamping to balcony rails. As for stands, the bogen 3333 i believe is one that many folks use. I have a cheapo ebay light stand, 13' max height. It's not the best, but it's worked for me for the past 3 years. Good luck with tracking these things down and let me know if I can help out at all anymore with shipping, etc within Canada.

Cheers,
Andrew

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 02:05:25 PM »
Great choice in Mic!  The pelican case would have to be very large as the standard sizes we use for mics don't fit this.  If I were you I would try and find a pencil case or something and cut foam to match as Pelican doesn't exactly make sizes which were good for this if I remember.  I just kept mine in a Crown Royale bag.

Stands must be beefy for this, the Bogen 3333 will work, just stay away from the small FOB stands like the Bogan 3373, thats a recipe for tipping over.

To clamp this mic I really would recommend a Bogen Superclamp and extension arm.  I used the Rowi mini clamp, however many times I felt if it was bumped or not situated right that the mic might snap the clamp.  The Super clamp is all around the most heavy duty clamp around and it adjust to almost any balcony rail sizes.
mics & cameras

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 02:21:23 PM »
Great choice in Mic!  The pelican case would have to be very large as the standard sizes we use for mics don't fit this.  If I were you I would try and find a pencil case or something and cut foam to match as Pelican doesn't exactly make sizes which were good for this if I remember.  I just kept mine in a Crown Royale bag.

Stands must be beefy for this, the Bogen 3333 will work, just stay away from the small FOB stands like the Bogan 3373, thats a recipe for tipping over.

To clamp this mic I really would recommend a Bogen Superclamp and extension arm.  I used the Rowi mini clamp, however many times I felt if it was bumped or not situated right that the mic might snap the clamp.  The Super clamp is all around the most heavy duty clamp around and it adjust to almost any balcony rail sizes.

Sanjay, did you ever find a case for your c34? I still haven't seen that beast!

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 04:40:34 PM »

Sanjay, did you ever find a case for your c34? I still haven't seen that beast!

nope, the pelican which you got for your 480's was just a hair too short, so I've been using the stock case.  I'm looking into portable cigar humidors which might be the right size.
mics & cameras

Offline leshlush

• Taperssection Member
  • Bass Great, Lesh Philing...
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 04:59:54 PM »

There you go Hicks, +T's all around (on your behalf)... I'll even kick one in for you...

P.S. - I'll get your Bank Draft off to Oade by the weekend... It should go out with Mondays mail...
SP C4's > Hydra Silvers > UA5 (digi mod) > JB3

Team Turkey - Western Conference
Team Fun - Western Conference

Offline RobertNC

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 10:03:37 PM »
The Amvona stands are a little bit larger than a Bogen, but you can usually get them for half the price including shipping.

The AS-806A is comparable to the Bogen 3333, and they usually go for about $15 plus shipping - around $30 total.

Amvona AS-806A BLK On E-Bay

For clamps and accessories look here:

http://www.micsupply.com/standaccessories.htm
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 10:05:15 PM by RobertNC »
SD:  Microtech Gefell M210 > Silver Clad XLRs > SD722
LD:                   ADK A51 TL > Silver Clad XLRs > SD722
Guns:               DPA 4017    > Silver Clad XLRs > SD722

Offline Corbin

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 10:41:58 PM »
Thanks folk, looks like I'll pick up a Bogen 3333 12 ft. stand..I didn't want to get a cheap stand because I know the LSD2 is bit heavier than most mics.  And the Bogen superclamp and extension arm look like what I'm looking for as well..Now I just have to find a retailer in Canada to avoid the customs taxes. 

Wil the LSD2 mount right onto the Bogen 3333 or will I have to buy any adaptors or anything like that?  :newbie:

P.S. - I'll get your Bank Draft off to Oade by the weekend... It should go out with Mondays mail...
Thanks Paul, much appreciated..now I just gotta find an shipping address for that box..

let me know if I can help out at all anymore with shipping, etc within Canada.
Cheers,
Andrew
Thanks Andrew, did you give any thought as to whether you'd be hitting Gregg Allman and Friends or moe?

The Amvona stands are a little bit larger than a Bogen, but you can usually get them for half the price including shipping.

The AS-806A is comparable to the Bogen 3333, and they usually go for about $15 plus shipping - around $30 total.

Thanks Robert, I'll definitely check out those sites as well..

First off, congrats Adam. That's a sweet-ass first rig you've got there. That will sound amazing.
It is a sweet set up for a first rig but it's ending up costing me an arm and a leg..I just hope my girlfriend doesn't find out how much all this is really costing me.. ;)..On a side note, I wonder how many TS.com members lowball the value of their gear to their girlfriends or wives (I can't be the only one)..

Thanks again, Adam
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 10:48:44 PM by Corbin »

Offline RobertNC

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 11:23:06 PM »
Weight is not a problem with the Amvona stands.   

If a pair of ADK A51-TLs on Supermounts is not the heaviest rig you'll see in the field it's gotta be close.

The air cushioning is a nice feature for heavy rigs too.

But it;s your money...   ;)
SD:  Microtech Gefell M210 > Silver Clad XLRs > SD722
LD:                   ADK A51 TL > Silver Clad XLRs > SD722
Guns:               DPA 4017    > Silver Clad XLRs > SD722

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 07:46:06 AM »
Thanks folk, looks like I'll pick up a Bogen 3333 12 ft. stand..I didn't want to get a cheap stand because I know the LSD2 is bit heavier than most mics.  And the Bogen superclamp and extension arm look like what I'm looking for as well..Now I just have to find a retailer in Canada to avoid the customs taxes. 

Wil the LSD2 mount right onto the Bogen 3333 or will I have to buy any adaptors or anything like that?  :newbie:

Thanks Paul, much appreciated..now I just gotta find an shipping address for that box..

let me know if I can help out at all anymore with shipping, etc within Canada.
Cheers,
Andrew
Thanks Andrew, did you give any thought as to whether you'd be hitting Gregg Allman and Friends or moe?

Thanks Robert, I'll definitely check out those sites as well..

First off, congrats Adam. That's a sweet-ass first rig you've got there. That will sound amazing.
It is a sweet set up for a first rig but it's ending up costing me an arm and a leg..I just hope my girlfriend doesn't find out how much all this is really costing me.. ;)..On a side note, I wonder how many TS.com members lowball the value of their gear to their girlfriends or wives (I can't be the only one)..

Thanks again, Adam

FYI: the Bogen 3333 is a 9' stand.

Offline Corbin

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 08:27:58 AM »
Weight is not a problem with the Amvona stands.   

If a pair of ADK A51-TLs on Supermounts is not the heaviest rig you'll see in the field it's gotta be close.

The air cushioning is a nice feature for heavy rigs too.

But it;s your money...   ;)

Yeah I'm gonna check out the Amvona stand as well..I was in the middle of writing my last post when you sent the links so I hadn't had the chance to check them out..Thanks for the tip..

FYI: the Bogen 3333 is a 9' stand.

I'm confused..I googled Bogen 3333 and went to this website
http://www.shop.com/op/~Bogen_3333_9_Foot_Light_Stand-prod-34954846
and in the description it says it's also available in 6ft and 12ft versions.

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 10:42:15 AM »
Adam, both those shows are a possibility but they're on work nights and it's 1.5-2hour drive back from Niagara Falls and Buffalo respectively to Kitchener. I've done it a few times and always cursed myself at my desk the following morning. I'm counting on a weekend show popping up, and I'll keep checking and keep you posted. Henry's Camera sells the bogen superclamp, and I got my extension arm a while ago from some place in Toronto. Do a google search but limit it to websites within Canada and you should be able to find Canadian retailers to get both items, maybe even a stand too.

Offline Corbin

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 01:21:28 PM »
Adam, both those shows are a possibility but they're on work nights and it's 1.5-2hour drive back from Niagara Falls and Buffalo respectively to Kitchener. I've done it a few times and always cursed myself at my desk the following morning. I'm counting on a weekend show popping up, and I'll keep checking and keep you posted. Henry's Camera sells the bogen superclamp, and I got my extension arm a while ago from some place in Toronto. Do a google search but limit it to websites within Canada and you should be able to find Canadian retailers to get both items, maybe even a stand too.

I totally understand about the weekday shows.  I can't do the 3 or 4 hour drive plus a show on a work/school night anymore either.  I guess the older we get the more common sense we accumulate.  Thanks for the tip on Henry's Camera..I'm finding out it's not that easy to find retailers for a lot of taper gear in Canada. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com