Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Smallest monopod/monopod with "feet"/tripod?  (Read 5566 times)

Offline tailschao

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Smallest monopod/monopod with "feet"/tripod?
« on: March 03, 2009, 05:19:29 PM »
Does anyone know of the smallest monopod, tripod and monopod with those 3 small "feet" things you can get? For "travel" purposes and maximum "portability", ya know... ;)

When I say smallest, I don't mean like a Joby Gorillapod (Which I'm already planning on getting), but the smallest full-size 'pods... if that makes sense?

I know my choices for the monopod with feet are going to be much fewer than the other two, but there are a few different ones around now right?

(I'm not gonna be getting all 3, just want to see what my options are)

Thanks ;D

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Smallest monopod/monopod with "feet"/tripod?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 04:31:36 PM »
This is what I have and I like it:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/318592-REG/Giottos_MM5580_MH5580_P_Pod_Monopod_with.html#accessories

The pan head only tilts up and down--not right or left but the quick release allows you to pan.

read the reviews and see if you like it.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 04:41:49 PM »
I posted about a monopod that had retractable tripod "feet" once but I don't remember the model offhand. My thoughts at the time were that it might make a stand for my H2 when you aren't allowed to go over head height or for sitdown shows. But I never got one and have since moved on. I wouldn't have counted on it to stand on it own reliably though, the feet just didn't spread all that far.
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 04:55:20 PM »
I posted about a monopod that had retractable tripod "feet" once but I don't remember the model offhand. My thoughts at the time were that it might make a stand for my H2 when you aren't allowed to go over head height or for sitdown shows. But I never got one and have since moved on. I wouldn't have counted on it to stand on it own reliably though, the feet just didn't spread all that far.

I do remember that post. maybe its under recording gear or something.
Mine is pretty stable and I have had my camera on it unattended so I would think a H2 would work quite well.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 06:32:52 PM »

I do remember that post. maybe its under recording gear or something.
Mine is pretty stable and I have had my camera on it unattended so I would think a H2 would work quite well.

That's good to hear. I still have the H2 and used it just last Friday but I've moved on for the most part to an R-44 and C4 mics. Somehow I don't see it holding up C4's and a stereo bar. It should hold up my CA-11's though so I may get one sometime in the future for those one off uses plus I can use it with my camera and video camera.

I searched and found my original post:
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,112174.0.html
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 11:26:50 PM »
I have one of these, and love it. It's a bit bulkier and heavier than a monopod without feet, but then again it's more stable methinks, and you don't have to extend the feet if you don't want/need them. However, don't confuse this model with the kind of monopod with feet that can stand up by itself. This one has a small fluid head in the base where the feet connect, so it can't stand on it's own. But for video, the fluid base is pretty nice. Not like a real head or anything, but still awesome. When I use the feet, I usually just step on one of the legs, and then the whole thing becomes just absolutely locked to the floor (much harder to get that feeling with a standard monopod).
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com