Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Canon VIXIA HG21 AVCHD 120 GB HDD  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Bigdinca

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Canon VIXIA HG21 AVCHD 120 GB HDD
« on: March 28, 2009, 09:55:53 PM »
Hello, I was wondering if anyone here had one. I'm in the market for a new cam and while look at shows on DIME I came across a Machine Head show(http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=239839) that was filmed using this cam with its internal mic and it came out great.

Just wondering if anyone had any pros or cons about this

Thanks

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 02:44:46 PM by Bigdinca »

Offline BlackLab

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Canon VIXIA HG21 AVCHD 120 GB HDD
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 08:42:53 PM »
its a bit big to stealth with - at least for me

given cost - I'd go with a Canon HF10 or 11 first

hard to say which is more reliable - HDD or flash (card or drive). Some say fewer moving parts is better - I just know which cam is smaller

stevetoney

Re: Canon VIXIA HG21 AVCHD 120 GB HDD
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 08:55:53 PM »
These Canon HGXX cameras seem to be amongst the most popular hi-def cameras for recording live shows.  Personally, as long as the camera is reasonably smallish, which this camera seems to be, I wouldn't worry about relative sizes because I think your technique will have a bigger factor in determining how successful you are at recording shows rather than camera size (assuming the camera isn't gigantic).  I can't say for sure, but one thing I'd make double sure and be comfortable with is that the harddisc on this won't be prone to skips from bumps...I've heard that can be a nuisance for harddrive based video cameras.  That might cause me to consider the non-harddrive based cameras a little more seriously.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com