Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Vegas Movie Studio issues w/ new PC  (Read 8886 times)

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Vegas Movie Studio issues w/ new PC
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 04:20:05 PM »
To narrow down whether or not your Vegas has a render bug which is a well known problem in many versions thats why i have stuck with 9.0e as i had the same problem and bogus low memory errors in other versions,i would suggest to open a NEW project with the same project properties as what you have now(1920 x 1080?) and add a generated media file from within Vegas to a video track(control + shift click Drag out media to be over 2 hours in length)Now try to render and see if it crashes or completes.If it crashes than try to get a different build of Vegas(9.0e 64bit) from here----->

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/updates/vegasfamily
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:23:04 PM by beatkilla »

Offline PhxHorn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 04:24:23 PM »
Dave,

Since Vegas Pro's Trial version was putting that logo bug on my video, I went back to Vegas Movie Studio 10.  I installed on D drive, one of the SATA drives.  C is the SSD.  Well, Vegas was still storing the temp files on C drive, which I fixed.  Then I turned off Data Access Protection (control panel, advanced system, performance) for Vegas.  I rendered a 15-minute segment and it was fine.  I am now 40 minutes into a 60-minute segment render and so far so good.  I think you hit the nail on the head.  The 8 CPU's are at 60% only.   Hopefully this will fix it.  I'll have them install a bigger SSD for C drive.   I really appreciate the help, and will holler if anything else comes up.

Offline taperdave

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • my ring of brass lies rusting on the ground
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 05:54:41 PM »
I hope it succeeds for your, the temp file location is my prime suspect.  Make sure your local boxbuilder makes things right on the hard drive size.

Hey beatkilla - the generated media test idea, does it still genreate a temp file during rendering or is it kind of rendering emptiness (no content) out of thin air as a test?  That would be superhandy for testing and really would be a sperate test for HD problems vs software problems if it doesn't use a huge tmep file.

Learning something every day makes me feel better somehow.
Dave

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 10:09:32 PM »
The clips are mostly 1080p, 60 f/s in m2ts format, but there are some 1080 Youtube mp4's

I hope to upload to Dime and/or Traders Den.

With few exceptions (a 30 second snippet to cover up an SD card or battery change, for example), neither Dime nor TTD allow DVDs with Youtube content.

I'm aware of this policy and have already communicated with the Dime mods about it and exactly how much Youtube content they will allow.  I have enough 'legit' content that I could do most of the DVD with that alone, but some of the Youtube content is superb and will really enhance areas where the legit content has obstructed views or is missing.  The newer tunes had very limited coverage, while the oldies had plenty of footage.  We discussed how much Youtube content I can use (less than several dozens of minutes in a two hour project), and I will make sure the project meets their specs.

That's good to know - and it's a huge change from a few years ago.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:14:04 PM by guitard »
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline shoestringconcerts

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 10:55:21 PM »
if your operating system is installed on your SSD Vegas pro may be creating some temp files on there and running out of room.   open up some space on your SSD and see if thats fixes the issue.  i didnt read all the feedback but did see where you said you installed vegas on one of your sata drives, that doesnt mean that is where it is creating the temp files.

that all said im no expert on this stuff

I used a lenovo thinkpad laptop i7-2670 with 4 gig memeory and it runs SVP11 just fine with some minor issues.  I have done 5 cam 1080p60 2 hour full mixes with no problem.
Tascam dr2d - Tascam Dr60
Video: Canon M50/M500 (5)
Panasonic LX7 (2) - Sony EOS-M (2)
Sony HC1 - Panasonic SD600 - Sanyo FH1
www.shoestringconcerts.com

Offline PhxHorn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 01:28:12 PM »
I finally got it finished.  Thanks so much to everyone who helped with the technical issues!

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=161812.0

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.367 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com